PDA

View Full Version : A&M Garage.........

Hawklover
10-28-2018, 12:25 AM
Anyone know if Wayne Morris is still fixing Studebaker's?........is his mother Lillian Morris still alive?
What happened to all of the parts from the garage on Webster Avenue?

unclemiltie
10-28-2018, 07:14 AM
I was wondering the same thing. I still have fond memories of calling Tony and he would say something like, I do not have that motor mount for a 47 champ but I have a Kaiser one that will work better. And yes that mount is on the car today still! I use to enjoy chatting with him at our meets

dpson
10-28-2018, 08:04 AM
This will answer some of your questions: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?5286-Tony-Caralla-s-Parts-Inventory-Sad-Story&highlight=tony

Hawklover
10-28-2018, 09:08 AM
Dan can we all assume in 2018 that Wayne no longer fixes Studes( due to no parts) and that his mother has passed away??
This will answer some of your questions: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?5286-Tony-Caralla-s-Parts-Inventory-Sad-Story&highlight=tony

mike cenit
10-28-2018, 11:59 AM
Tony knew Studebaker's better than Studebaker did when they were still making them, he was amazing. I had a 62 GT Hawk that had the hood rubbing on the drivers side firewall/back inside fender, I had it to 3 or 4 dealers,
from Oklahoma to Brooklyn, they moved this and that, changed brackets, nothing worked, he did a "tap/tap" with a ball end of a hammer, and it was fixed. Amazing.

Hawklover
10-28-2018, 12:03 PM
Back in the late 1920s into the 30's, Tony worked for Studebaker at their Deane Street (Brooklyn NY) depot, he wore roller skates zipping around collecting parts!!
Tony knew Studebaker's better than Studebaker did when they were still making them, he was amazing. I had a 62 GT Hawk that had the hood rubbing on the drivers side firewall/back inside fender, I had it to 3 or 4 dealers,
from Oklahoma to Brooklyn, they moved this and that, changed brackets, nothing worked, he did a "tap/tap" with a ball end of a hammer, and it was fixed. Amazing.