PDA

View Full Version : Sun's Out - Avanti's Out Part Deux

sweetolbob
10-27-2018, 03:50 PM
The last video was a walk around of my 74 Avanti parked outside in the sunlight. I could only post one video so today I took the second one showing the engine and interior in some detail.

The good news -

You will hear the soothing strains of Canon in D Major covering my breathing and moving around.

You also won't have to suffer through another video on the 74 until spring.

The bad news -

It's 2:10 min you will never get back

https://youtu.be/ilB9p0NUAAg

Bob

studegary
10-27-2018, 09:01 PM
Thanks. The Pontiac seats look like a large improvement. What is going to go where I see two pop rivets above the rear seat back? I like the idea of struts for the hood, but aren't they usually mounted the other end up?

EDIT: I think the struts are mounted the way yours are in a 2018 Camaro.

64V-K7
10-28-2018, 06:42 AM
Beautiful work. The dash swap looks great, as well as the instruments & extras..

sweetolbob
10-28-2018, 08:08 AM
Thanks. The Pontiac seats look like a large improvement. What is going to go where I see two pop rivets above the rear seat back? I like the idea of struts for the hood, but aren't they usually mounted the other end up?

EDIT: I think the struts are mounted the way yours are in a 2018 Camaro.

Thanks Gary, the pop rivets are button allen head bolts. When I upholstered that section, the vinyl needed to be stretched quite a bit in that area so I added the bolts to attach the piece of ABS you see to keep the vinyl in place. I'll eventually replace it with something more appropriate. I mounted the struts like the picture in the illustration they came with.

Appreciate the comments, Bob

Stude Shoo-wop!
10-28-2018, 08:26 AM
I must say, this is a well-executed hot rod! There's only one thing I wonder. It may be due to my own ignorance, but why do you seem to have an AMC logo on your steering wheel?

sweetolbob
10-28-2018, 08:45 AM
I must say, this is a well-executed hot rod! There's only one thing I wonder. It may be due to my own ignorance, but why do you seem to have an AMC logo on your steering wheel?

Good catch, I bought an AMC column at a swap meet to supply parts for the 74 column that needed some repair. Same column. I liked the steering wheel better so I leather wrapped it and installed same. I'll replace the logo at a later date when I find/build a more appropriate piece.

You're getting good at this Stude/Avanti thing. :woot:

Bob