Wiener mobile at Museum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiener mobile at Museum

As part of the Studebaker National Museum's Trunk-or-Treat event Thursday, the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile will be in attendance for everyone to enjoy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Springfield Trip 036.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	1724149

It was in Springfield for the international as well
    Bill Foy
    1000 Islands, Ontario
    1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

A few years ago, it was parked down the street from our house! I'm pretty sure the guy worked for Oscar-Meyer, haven't seen it in a couple years!

Jim
      "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
      their Memorials!

Comment

I believe that they have multiples of them and they hire college students to "man" them in the Summer. The interior is unimpressive (at least to me).
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

It is a handsome vehicle! I have a hot wheels wienermobile.

It appears that one is on a one ton chassis.

I believe some were on the large rear wheel drive chevy station wagon chassis...like 92 to 96?
          Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
            I believe that they have multiples of them and they hire college students to "man" them in the Summer. The interior is unimpressive (at least to me).
            I've seen two at once.i think there are more than that,though.
            Just checked-Google says there are currently 6 running around the country.
            Oglesby,Il.

Comment

It'd be cool to make one into a camper.

Comment

The wife of a friend who collects Weinermobile memorabilia, including models and even a Weinermobile peddle-car, wrote to Oscar-Mayer and asked if they would be in town during his birthday. They responded that they just had a new one built and were setting up schedules, so they made it a point to set aside a couple hours for him and his friends to take rides and then have lunch with the girls who shared the driving duties. The girls are recent college grads whose studies included marketing and were willing to contract for a 1 year tour. It was kinda weird fun.

Comment

Yesterday, I saw one parked at a motel in South Bend. Several years ago my wife and I saw one at the AACA Museum in Hershey, PA. As I recall it was outside and may have been a temporary display.
                  "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

The mrs vetoed the camper idea...too small she says!

Comment

The last time I saw the Wienermobile was at the Henry Ford Museum.
                      Rog
                      '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                      Smithtown,NY
                      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

In the mid-60's I was teaching in Lake County SE of Gary, IN. One of my students told me about George Molchan, his uncle. Mr. Molchan was a midget and drove an Oscar Mayer weinermobile in that era. I met Mr. Molchan and he was very good at representing Oscar Mayer.
                        "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

Working...
                        X