Canadian Postal Strike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Postal Strike

To all our Canadian Members here is the latest on your Postal strike. Turning Wheels for November is in the mail so there is nothing we can do to assist you in delivery. However, I promised to keep you informed. If and when I receive more info, Ill make sure to post it in the forum.

Canada Post Update
    CUPW gives notice of rotating strikes in Victoria, Edmonton, Windsor and Halifax

The Canadian Union of Postal Workers (CUPW) has given notice that it intends to hold rotating strikes in Victoria, Edmonton, Windsor and Halifax beginning after 12:01 am on Monday, October 22 (local time), and lasting 24 hours. In those areas, mail and parcels will not be delivered or picked up.

Canada Post continues to operate across Canada. We are accepting and delivering mail and parcels in all other locations.

We remain committed to arriving at a negotiated settlement with CUPW, while making every effort to minimize the impact of any disruption on the customers we serve.

sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Don’t worry , us Cdns know what’s going on with our postal system
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Well, I figured you did but I'd rather be safe than sorry when comes to keeping all informed. Thanks for the note
      sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

With this rotating strike , we still got our “Ford” magazine today
        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
          With this rotating strike , we still got our “Ford” magazine today
          Beat you by one day Bob....received ours yesterday. Great issue Ann! We thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

Stu Chapman

Comment

From what you Canadians say about their postal system's "speed," how do you know when they're on strike?

Is it slower yet? Does the mail start going backwards? BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
              From what you Canadians say about their postal system's "speed," how do you know when they're on strike?

HaHa.. You got that right! It seems to get worse every year up here!

Comment

Only when your Zip Vans are playing "Return to Sender" on the radio!!

Canada's postal service as always been the butt of jokes for anything slow service here, Bob

Craig

Comment

Snail mail delivered our Ford issue a day later than Dunnville On. A great read.
                  Bob
                  Bob
                  Welland Ontario
                  60 Lark Convertible
                  64 Daytona
                  sigpic
                  "They were meant to be driven ... so keep on cruizin"

Comment

Received here today, Don. (just north of Toronto) Great issue!!

Comment

It seems that way Bob. What I cannot comprehend is why most areas of the U.S. receive their Turning Wheels anywhere from 7 to 14 days before we receive ours in Canada, in spite of what appears to be a joint arrangement between Canada Post and the USPS. What's even more strange is that first class delivery only gets it to us ONE DAY before those who pay for the publications rate.

Try as I might, I have never been able to get a straight answer from the powers that be. With the nearly 1,000 SDC members living in Canada, surely there must be one who is employed by Canada Post who could provide some sensible explanation.

It may be just a gut feeling, but I do think that Hemmings publications and possibly others are not experiencing these delays. Perhaps Bob Palma might be able to determine if my feelings have merit.

Stu Chapman

P.S. Bob....the Canada postal employees union issues a daily release advising which communities in the country will be on strike the next day.

Comment

Working...
                      X