No announcement yet.

What Years did HURD use this Key Shape?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Years did HURD use this Key Shape?

Someone changed the ignition lock and key for my 50 Land Cruiser. I have the original door key and surprisingly this replaced ignition key has the identical cut except for the #5 cut is just one number different in the cut depth. Hopefully I can remove the ignition lock and change the #5 pin to match the doors. Does anyone know what years HURD used this key shape? Thanks, Tom

Click image for larger version

Name:	Studebaker Key.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	1759560

What Years did HURD use this Key Shape?

As far as I know ALL of them!

Ford's, Mercury's and Lincoln's as well as Studebaker 8 Cylinder and Commander Models used them up to 1959, but all Hurd Ignition and Door Keys I have seen have that distinctive narrow short shank.

I think it was 2 days ago, I just explained the Yale/Hurd thing to someone here.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Yes, I'm familure with Yale keys for my Champions, and HURD keys for my Commanders, but I am wondering about the shape of the handle for the key. SI has keys pictured on page 211, and my 2 original keys (rear 2) in this picture are listed as fitting 1947-1960, but the other key in my picture isn't shown in the SI catalog. I'd guess it for pre 1947 cars, but am not sure of that.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hurd Keys.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	1723994

Comment

The 1947 to 1960 is an incorrect listing.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
        X