X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1961 Hawk interior

Hello,
    Just trying to work my way through the parts I have,
    I have 2 sets of door cards etc., one set with the silver divider looks like '62,
    can't place the other set, the back seat cards are just pleated all the way down,
    the bottom strip looks a ring in. I notice that on '61 cards there should be a different colour
    insert surrounding the winder & handle, oval type shape.

regards, Cus

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0567.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	177.8 KB
ID:	1759558Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0568.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	192.1 KB
ID:	1759559
    Last edited by Cus63; 10-07-2018, 10:38 PM.
    sigpic

The Color is what got me wondering what year they are, that is Not bright Red like a '62, nor Maroon, it's a Wine Color close to Burgundy! No Studebaker I know of except Avanti, even comes close.

The thing is, I would not expect a GT Hawk HARDTOP Door Panel to fit a Coupe without modification at least and the Quarter Panel Trims would be impossible to fit.
    The only thing for sure is, they are not 1961.

Maybe it's reupholstered or sprayed.

UPDATE: Possibly, in the right light, it could be 1963 Maroon.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 10-07-2018, 11:17 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The chrome on the one on the right looks like the original trim on my '61. - Jim

Comment

Thanks for the replies,
        I'm thinking the card on the right is out of the car, looks very dark, but on the back you can see that it's sun effected & is a brighter red,
        question is, were some cards without the different colour insert in '61, just pleated with carpet on the base like this one, I have to re make all the cards,
        & would keep the same if it was correct,

regards, Cus
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cus63 View Post
          /Cut/question is, were some cards without the different colour insert in '61, just pleated with carpet on the base like this one, I have to re make all the cards,
          & would keep the same if it was correct, regards, Cus
          No, all '61 Hawks were Regal trim so no other models were available, and they all had Chrome Silver Vinyl surrounds for the Handles.

Click image for larger version

Name:	61 Hawk Golden Sand4.jpg
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	1723997 Click image for larger version

Name:	61 Baby Blue2.jpg
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	1723998
          StudeRich
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks Rich,
            I'll put back to original, hopefully I can find a pattern, even a good side on shot of the front door card so I can scale up the pattern,
            the ones I have are a bit of a mystery, they are certainly old, but don't seem to belong to any model, must have been re-covered along the line,
            finding many mysteries with this car, but will do my best to get it pretty correct without being too fanatical about it.

regards, Cus
            sigpic

Comment

Just noticed this car online, advertised as a '61, same as my panels!Click image for larger version

Name:	stude_interior.jpg
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	1723999
              sigpic

Comment

Marcus, what's the history of your car? Originally sold in Australia? And what about the white one you picture in your latest post? Is that one for sale in Australia? If they're both originally Australian, maybe there's an Export trim difference. Dan

Comment

My car was an Australian delivered car, right hand drive , has a Sydney dealership plate, the car I posted above is a left hand drive car for sale in the States
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ivorydan View Post
                    Marcus, what's the history of your car? Originally sold in Australia? And what about the white one you picture in your latest post? Is that one for sale in Australia? If they're both originally Australian, maybe there's an Export trim difference. Dan
                    I believe the interiors for Australian market cars were made there to comply with a local minimum content law to reduce import duties on them.

Craig

Comment

Ebay has quite a few 1961 Hawk interior photos available. There is at least one very clear photo of the door panel.

Comment

Originally posted by qsanford View Post
                        Ebay has quite a few 1961 Hawk interior photos available. There is at least one very clear photo of the door panel.
                        It couldn't GET any better than this one in Post #5, with 3 Times enlargement capability!

StudeRich
                        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Top panel is Australian 62 Gt Hawk.
                          Lower panel is Australian 61 Hawk.

Comment

Working...
                          X