New Zealand Coupe Express

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Zealand Coupe Express

One of our pals in New Zealand, John Pabst, was at a show this weekend and sent some pics ( nearly 350 ! ) to his Facebook page. He said I could share these with the club, and these were the only Studebakers I found in the group. He had his two gorgeous cars there too, but since this isn't a Chevy site, we'll leave those to your imagination, ha ! Thanks John.
    Attached Files

Looks like someone took the "COUPE" part of "Coupe Express" seriously!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

That custom Coupe Express looks very fine indeed. And I am sure the added interior room is welcome. A real CE has a very cramped cabin.
      Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

I would not be at all surprised if it was done by a local coachbuilder there as Utes were very common 'Down Unda'.

Craig

Comment

Wow! I want one

Comment

One of our Club members in Christchurch (New Zealand) had the Coupe Express built up from a 37 sedan. The body man doing the work was a very talented guy and made an excellent job of it.

Comment

I would think Ute would be the correct name for that. It is a very nice vehicle, but it lacks the lines of a factory CE. The extra interior space would be a plus for sure.
              "In the heart of Arkansas."
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

Nice!...........
                Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

I would really like to see more pictures of the "home built" Coupe Express. Since the 1937 Studebaker Coupe didn't have a rear quarter window like the 1938 and later Coupes everything from the door post back was custom. Last week I helped sort through some items to prepare for an estate sale and there was a collection of FORD LIFE magazines and it had some photos from the Ford Archives of early 30's Ford Utes for the Australian market. I wondered if Studebaker had patterned the 1937-1939 Coupe Express over autos they may have seen down under.

Comment

Cowtown Commander, perhaps NZ George has some, but our friend John that sent me the pic in my original post above said he will get us some more pics as soon as he can. For other brands and some really interesting pics, get on Google Images and type in "Vintage Australian Utes" ... They had some fabulous looking rides !

Comment

Working...
                    X