Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We picked up some parts today....you never know.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We picked up some parts today....you never know.

There was a very poor ad on Craigslist showing Studebaker parts for sale near Little Rock. Joe tried the phone number numerous times and a couple of times got someone at Arkansas Nuclear One.
    After a couple of weeks, I got a reply to an email with a phone number that worked. The details were sketchy and we weren't sure if the trip would be worth it, but you never know. Today we made the trip just south of Little Rock and saw the parts. I think it was worth it.
    Apparently, this guy got the contents of an abandoned storage building. He had sold off some parts on eBay with the help of a "friend" who then used the money to pay some bills. He wanted to sell everything and move on. Turns out the original owner had once had a 1950 Commander and was working on a 1953 Starliner. He had all sorts of new screws, bolts, fasteners, rollers etc for the car along with new and used parts. The pictures show most of the larger pieces with multiples under some parts some used and some NOS.
    I guess I should add that except for the generic parts, we don't need any of this for our Studebakers. If you see something you need make an offer and I'll pass it along to Joe.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 52-fan; 10-05-2018, 02:08 PM.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Good score!
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

I see a lot of nice stuff there for someone with a '53. Those tri-star horn centers are hard to find in nice shape. Looks like some decent belt line mouldings and other small parts. Based on what I sold some similar excess stuff I had 4yrs ago and prices for other things I remembering paying or seeing for sale I would say there is high 3 digit$ minimal there, probably more.

Jeff in ND

Comment

At least some of the belt line pieces are NOS. That was the first thing I noticed after we got there. Some of the pieces are dirty, but even most of the used parts are driver quality.
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Tell me about the rubber rear fender guard, photo 5. if you don't know the application, can you measure it and send dimensions to me? Interested if it's for a '51.
          Dennis

Comment

Those rubber guards look like ones for a 1950 Champion or Commander 2 door. I don't know if 51 is identical, but I think it might be.

Comment

I know the rubber guard is the one used on the 52 2 doors and I think it fits back to 50. If I wasn't going to use stainless on my 52 I would talk Joe out of it. It is NOS, but shows some chipping around the edges from handling.
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

...and I'm starting to get rid of 'em.....what does that tell ya?
                Lou Van Anne
                62 Champ
                64 R2 GT Hawk
                79 Avanti II

Comment

Looks like a swap meet table at an SDC meet!

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Van Anne View Post
                    ...and I'm starting to get rid of 'em.....what does that tell ya?
                    Get rid of which what?
                    Searcy, Arkansas
                    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Are any of the belt line trim pieces available? I’ve been looking for so long for the trim pieces at the rear quarter for my 53 hardtop. Click image for larger version

Name:	7F547DC2-E852-4814-A285-E81347C271D6.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	1723989

Comment

Misc parts..... I've a Champ steering box stored away for close to forty years.....considering that that I've only driven my Champ about 1400 miles in the last 15 years I doubt that I'm going to need it.....
                        Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
                        Get rid of which what?
                        Lou Van Anne
                        62 Champ
                        64 R2 GT Hawk
                        79 Avanti II

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_H View Post
                          I see a lot of nice stuff there for someone with a '53. Those tri-star horn centers are hard to find in nice shape. Looks like some decent belt line mouldings and other small parts. Based on what I sold some similar excess stuff I had 4yrs ago and prices for other things I remembering paying or seeing for sale I would say there is high 3 digit$ minimal there, probably more.
                          In 1966 I ordered a NOS one from Studebaker. When I got it they sent me the later non Tri-Star model. The invoice noted that they had been out of the originals for years. I looked for years for a NOS Tri-Star horn button and only ever saw two. One sold before I could reach the dealer and the second one I bought for major bucks. I sold a decent one probably 15 years ago for well over $100. The Tri-Star wheel covers are hard to find in decent shape. Good ones will bring big money too.
                          Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                          '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Originally posted by 53k View Post
                            In 1966 I ordered a NOS one from Studebaker. When I got it they sent me the later non Tri-Star model. The invoice noted that they had been out of the originals for years. I looked for years for a NOS Tri-Star horn button and only ever saw two. One sold before I could reach the dealer and the second one I bought for major bucks. I sold a decent one probably 15 years ago for well over $100. The Tri-Star wheel covers are hard to find in decent shape. Good ones will bring big money too.
                            Good to know. 6 of the 7 wheel covers are the Tri-star type. All are good and a few may be NOS. We will probably start taking pictures and cataloging tomorrow.
                            There have been a number of people make offers for parts. I wish they were mine, but I was just the helper on this trip.
                            Searcy, Arkansas
                            1952 2R pickup

Comment

Would those headlamp rings fit my 62 Hawk?
                              "Man plans, God laughs".

Anon

Comment

Working...
                              X