Need 2 more Halibrand repro orders to make another run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need 2 more Halibrand repro orders to make another run

I talked to Tom O'Brian today at Real Rodders Wheels and placed an order for a set of the Halibrand repros. He said they need 2 more orders to make another run as the initial run is sold out. So if you are thinking about it jump in since it will be another 6 mo before the wheels would be ready once he starts the process. Also, he commented that the Studebaker requirements are niche items and some of the Stude owners were a bit odd in that they would call and inquire week after week how many sets were left but would never order any themselves. He said he wondered if they were just waiting until he ran out and then would say, wow I really missed out on those when they were available, too bad they are gone! The CASCO thing sometimes is not helping our cause!
    Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    58 C Cab
    57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

somebody's waiting on a neighbor to order a set they can steal..........

Comment

Is two orders, two wheels or two sets? How much are they asking for the wheels this run?

Comment

These will be not the same wheels. I was told his Ex got the molds in a divorce, and that is why they were no longer made. The new batches will be China sourced also (allegedly). We (a client of mine) bought 10 sets (40 wheels) previously, and they were good quality. I hope the new ones continue that tradition.
        Bez Auto Alchemy
        573-318-8948
        http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Unless he is doing some false advertising, it says wheels are 100% Made in America. The reason they were not made is that the Studebaker market is so small that anyone making a quantity of these could be left holding them for years. Why stick your neck out without hard sales.

A set is 4 wheels.
          Dan White
          64 R1 GT
          64 R2 GT
          58 C Cab
          57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

I have asked a couple of times in the past with no answers received, what does a set of wheels cost and the center caps you buy from someone else cost?
            Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
            Fort Worth, TX

Comment

I just received what was said to be the last set from PAT O'BRIEN at RealRodders. He told me they were waiting on more orders with a new wheel maker as his buddy had retired and closed the business. The prices would remain the same for the wheels as well as the spinner/washer/lug combo. You also get a copy of the memo/correspondence from Studebaker and Halibrand Engineering including the original pricing. This was as of 2 weeks ago.
              Rob in PA.

Comment

The standard wheels are $349 ea. You can check the pricing yourself by going to: http://www.realrodderswheels.biz
                Last edited by Dan White; 09-28-2018, 08:12 AM.
                Dan White
                64 R1 GT
                64 R2 GT
                58 C Cab
                57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

Originally posted by Dan White View Post
                  The standard wheels are $349 ea.
                  Is there a not 'standard' version of this wheel that was or is available? A pair 8" wide would be my choice.

Comment

The wheels are 6" wide with the correct offset. I put them on a disc brake car with internal/ stick-on weights with no problems. I'm running P 205 x 75 R radials.
                    Rob in PA.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan White View Post
                      The standard wheels are $349 ea. You can check the pricing yourself by going to: http://www.realrodderswheels.biz
                      Cool thanks, and cost of spinners?
                      Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
                      Fort Worth, TX

Comment

Why would these have to be Studebaker wheels? I thought Ford and Chrysler, and AMC all used the same bolt pattern.

Comment

There is nothing that says these are Studebaker only wheels and would surely fit any vehicle that has the same bolt pattern, Ford, Chrysler, AMC, etc. However the design was unique to Studebaker and that is what is unique here.
                          Dan White
                          64 R1 GT
                          64 R2 GT
                          58 C Cab
                          57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

Look at this original vintage advertisement. It doesn't list ONE size. It doesn't say EXCLUSIVE to Studebaker ANYWHERE in it. Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	1723939
                            Bez Auto Alchemy
                            573-318-8948
                            http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Were these wheels available in 1963? OR 1964? I have mostly seen pics of them on 1964's.

Comment

Working...
                              X