52 sitting quietly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 52 sitting quietly

I had time take a few pictures of the 52 at sunset last Wednesday. Not bad for an IPhone I guess.
    Quite a bit of time actually, as the car was sitting there In-Op and I was waiting for the rollback to come. No spark. What a bummer, I had hoped to go to a cruise in that night too.

I did find the problem once I got it home, and I was gratified it wasn't wiring I did. One of the 3 factory wires from the base of the distributor up to the cap broke off. (GM HEI.) Right at the connector, up inside the plastic connector, so impossible to see. I have a feeling this was the cause of my problems even back in May when I had trouble getting to the South Bend meet.

Anyway, a pretty easy fix but I didn't bother. This HEI was a hand me down, and the car deserved better, so I gave Summit some more of my money.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Michidan; 09-24-2018, 08:05 AM.

Beautiful car. I grew up with a '52 4 dr. Champion
    1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

I've been watching you build this car for a decade, now, and more than admire your persistence. So close and yet so far away.... Here's hoping your new parts do just what they're supposed to. I'd like to see some rolling footage. Stills are super so far.

Comment

Oh, its been done for a few years. But done is a fluid concept. Rare rear fender ornaments last fall. This winter I finally got a new chrome grill bar, so that was a pretty sweet addition. If a new billet HEI keeps me off the flatbed, it's cheap at twice the price.

Comment

3 more pictures for my Michidan folder in the computer.
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
          X