Possible Canadian Postal Strike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Canadian Postal Strike

To all of my Canadian friends and SDC member here's a notice that there is a potential Postal strike in Canada looming on the horizon. It comes from a very reliable source and I feel I need to communicate it to you.

Just a quick update to inform you that talks between Canada Post and the Canadian Union of Postal Workers (CUPW) are continuing at an off-site location in Ottawa. Both sides are working hard with the assistance of a mediator to reach negotiated agreements.

As stated in previous alerts, should a strike occur, your material will be collectedand delivered to the Canada Post secured facility. This allows for material to hold in queue. After the strike is over, Canada Post will process and deliver your material.

Please note that Canada Post will have a backlog of material to process and deliver. Delivery will lag. We believe it is imperative to communicate this reality. This is important to know and communicate to your recipients to set their expectation.

If you need parcels delivered during this period, APC has other solutions to accommodate delivery of your material.

For additional information, please contact your representative for options.

​If a strike does occur I will inform you of it as it will definitely impair our delivery of Turning Wheels to you. By the way the strike deadline, unless extended I s on or about 24th of September.
    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past
Working...
X