1959 Production Order codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1959 Production Order codes

Just got my Production Order for my 59 Lark Wagon. Some things are obvious but others I have some questions about. It was originally sold in Reedley CA so I am of course looking for dealer info too.
    SHIP VIA: INTRODUCTORY DRIVEAWAY V 275
    59V D6 REG 8 CYL 2 DR STA WGN
    P5914 TAHITI CORAL
    746 BRV 4
    FLIGHT O MATIC
    RECLINING FRT SEAT
    POWER STEERING
    POWER KIT
    OIL FILTER
    POWER BRAKES
    AIR CONDITIONING
    TINTED GLASS
    SAFETY PADDED SUN VISOR PR
    UNDERCOATING
    TWIN TRACTION DIFF
    WHITE SIDEWALLS
    SERVICE FOR WHOLESALE DEL
    AC 2958
    AC 2953
    AC 2952
    AC 2937
    AC 2957
    AC 2941F
    AC 2906
    AC 2688 Antenna Internal Control (power antenna???)
    AC 2912

Body number is 369 - does that mean it's the 369th wagon built?

Thanks

The dealer in Reedly was Reedly Motors - 1390 11th Street -Phone: MElrose 8-2435.

AC 2953 -Cigar Liter
    AC 2952 - Clock
    AC 2937 - Deluxe wheel covers
    AC 2957 - Back up lights
    AC 2941F - Bumper Guards
    AC 2906 - Radio
    AC 2688 - Antenna Internal Control (power antenna???)
    AC 2912 - Luggage rack

No the antenna was not electric

It would have been the 369th V8 wagon BODY assembled but not necessarily the 369 V8 wagon down the final assembly line.

1959 was the first year window price stickers were requiredby law. I have been reproducing them for over 20 years. The stickers include the dealer name and address all options and accessories as well as prices for each. Pries is $40 plus $3 postage. That wagon was really loaded! Must have been a demonstrator.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Here is a copy of the 1959 Window Price Sticker.

Click image for larger version

Name:	59 wps sample hagedorn labeled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	1723727
      Richard Quinn

Comment

somebody was impressed by the new Larks...

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
          The dealer in Reedly was Reedly Motors - 1390 11th Street -Phone: MElrose 8-2435.

AC 2953 -Cigar Liter
          AC 2952 - Clock
          AC 2937 - Deluxe wheel covers
          AC 2957 - Back up lights
          AC 2941F - Bumper Guards
          AC 2906 - Radio
          AC 2688 - Antenna Internal Control (power antenna???)
          AC 2912 - Luggage rack

No the antenna was not electric

It would have been the 369th V8 wagon BODY assembled but not necessarily the 369 V8 wagon down the final assembly line.

1959 was the first year window price stickers were requiredby law. I have been reproducing them for over 20 years. The stickers include the dealer name and address all options and accessories as well as prices for each. Pries is $40 plus $3 postage. That wagon was really loaded! Must have been a demonstrator.
          As Richard stated, the antenna is not powered electrically. It is internally controlled with a manual roll up knob.

I do not believe that it is "...the 369th V8 wagon BODY...". It is the 369th V8 Regal wagon body built (there were also Deluxe wagons with their own numbers).
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Why was I told (by Andrew B) the 1959 production order for my '59 Lark Regal 2 DR HT V8 Auto was not available? Bob P even called to verify this.
            Bill

Comment

It is not available if it was a Hamilton built car. No Canadian production orders prior to the 1964 model year.

Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
              Why was I told (by Andrew B) the 1959 production order for my '59 Lark Regal 2 DR HT V8 Auto was not available? Bob P even called to verify this.
              Bill
              Richard Quinn

Comment

There is no mystery about this Fully Loaded Wagon being maybe a Demonstrator or special ordered by a customer.

It says: "SHIP VIA: INTRODUCTORY DRIVEAWAY V 275"

"SERVICE FOR WHOLESALE DEL"

That means the Dealer bought and picked it up at the Factory as part of a Huge Drive it Home event obviously for the Introductory event, his Showroom and or Demonstration Drives etc.
                It would be gassed up, detailed, checked and ready to Drive Away.
                There should be a side view Mirror lost in there somewhere, or added after printing.

I do not remember if the Long Distance Dealers would have picked them up at Trucked to, closer location or not. Calif. would be a LONG drive from South Bend!

The "Driveaways" were documented and pictured in the Dealer Publication "Studebaker Spotlight".

An AMAZING FIND! You will NEVER find a '59 or '60 Lark, much less a WAGON, as fully loaded as this one, incredible Wagon!
                It would have been built in Sept. 1958, or maybe even in advance of the Intro in late Aug.

OH! It had a Brown full Vinyl Pleated Interior.

The Introduction of the all Brand New 1959 Lark WAS a very big Deal, beating the "Big Three" with a Compact Car by a full year while they tried to pedal their huge "Tanks" in an Economy Car Market.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1959 Chev Parkwood.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	1723732 Click image for larger version

Name:	59 Regal Wagon Red.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	160.5 KB
ID:	1723733
                Last edited by StudeRich; 09-14-2018, 11:47 AM.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by 59LarkWagon
                  Thanks for all the help. found (on the window sticker above) AC 2958 was the Climatizer.
                  The order date was 10-2-58 and final assembly date was 10-16-58.
                  Now the delima - it has been modified with disc brakes, bucket seats, different color, AC and PS removed. All easily reversable but I bought it to install a new Chevy crate motor I've had sitting in the garage for another project that I sold. This car seems rare enough to restore to stock and on the other hand all the mods I'd do would be bolt on with no cutting so reverseable.
                  It's your car. Do what makes you happy.

EDIT: There were 26,709 1959 Lark two door wagons built. Of course, there were probably not many equipped as yours was.

EDIT II: I am glad that I used the "quote" feature because what I replied to disappeared.
                  Last edited by studegary; 09-14-2018, 06:04 PM.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I tried to edit it and it went poof.
                    How do I order a window sticker? Anyone know of a source for the "Studerbaker Spotlight"?

Comment

Since the Posts about the replacement Window Stickers are all Richard Quinn's, you'd have to PM him.

The reason you lost the post you were editing may be that your Login timed out, you must click the small white box in the logon area to stay logged in until you log out.
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

For window price sticker email me direct at rtq11@aol.com

See samples at: http://www.thestudebakerwheel.com/wi...ndow_price.htm Click on individual samples to enlarge.
                        Richard Quinn

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
                          For window price sticker email me direct at rtq11@aol.com

See samples at: http://www.thestudebakerwheel.com/wi...ndow_price.htm Click on individual samples to enlarge.
                          Richard,
                          If you do a window sticker for him, please correct the spelling of the dealer and the town: Reedley! (You're not the first. Years ago, the local telephone book had an area map on the back cover and incorrectly spelled it that way, too.)
                          KURTRUK
                          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                          X