Pimping Your Stude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pimping Your Stude

The continental kit and fender skirts sure don't look right on this 52.
    I wonder if the skirts are homemade? They appear to be plain rectangular metal over the openings.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Continental Spare on Studebaker.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	1759440

We need better pix than that....
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I agree, a better picture would help, but I found this on the internet while looking for 1950 engine pictures, so it's all I have.

Comment

Wow! That 1950 Starlight sure is different. I am glad that it is the only one that I have seen with a continental wheel kit.
        The fender skirts appear to be common, aftermarket skirts that mount to the exterior of the fender.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	52 Starlight1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	1723697 This COULD be the skirt you saw on that '52, it's hard to tell from the wrong angle.
          I don't usually like them at all, but I have to admit it does not look bad on this body style ('52 Starlight Coupe).

However that Continental Kit HAS to Go!

By the way as you know, Studes do NOT need "Pimping", they are fine as is thank you!
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I like the skirts in Rich's picture, they really compliment the style.
            Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
            50 Champion 2 door*
            53 Commander K Auto*
            53 Commander K overdrive*
            55 President Speedster
            62 GT 4Speed*
            63 Avanti R1*
            64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Skirts on the red car are beautiful and compliment the car well.
              Continental kit (for me personally) is like having a wart on it's ar$e.
              The funniest thing about this signature is by the time you realise it says nothing important, it's too late to stop reading it.

Comment

Have any of you tried http://bigjims.net/othersk.htm for Studebaker skirts?
                Bill L.
                1962 GT Hawk

Comment

Skirts look great on some cars, terrible on others. '47-'52 can look good, later Studes, not; IMO.

Continental kits seldom IMO look OK (on any car), with some exceptions.

Funny sorta of off-topic thing I remembered when reading this.... My late Dad once told me about when grandpa had a salesman out to the farm to demo a new '49 Mercury. The demonstrator car had skirts on it and when their car was delivered later, it didn't have skirts and grandpa was livid! "I bought the one with skirts!!" he said. Apparently was going to give the dealer a lashing until my 16yr old Dad explained it to him.... I don't think he quite understood the salesman's car was a demo and not the actual car he was ordering or buying. That Mercury so far I know the only new car he ever had unless a Model T he had when courting grandma was.

Jeff in ND

Comment

Well, for me, accessorizing, personalizing, adding bling, might be acceptable terms to use, but "pimping" is not a descriptive term I like. I might add some things I find useful or attractive to my vehicles, but you will not find me using the term pimping...even if it is easier to spell.
                    John Clary
                    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Working...
                    X