For sale/wanted now on the Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For sale/wanted now on the Forum

I must have been sleeping, was there an announcement/discussion about this new feature on the Forum?

I'm all for it, just didn't see it coming.
    Dan Peterson
    Montpelier, VT
    1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
    1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

I'll say you and I must have been in the same zone because, NO, I did not see this announced. Now I enter right to the Forum and not through the home page of the SDC so maybe that is why??? I'll say this, when you see the volume of posts that occured in a short period of time it surely is an indicator that it was LONG overdue. So, to whomever brought it about I'm sure MANY are thankful.
    '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

You cannot see this sub-forum unless you are logged in. A bit of an annoyance IMO since I usually don't log in unless I want to post/reply.

Jeff in ND

Comment

I did noticed that a lot of forum post in the “general” section had been moved.
        Now I know why and where.
        sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
        Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
        "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Jeff, I stay logged in on my cell. When I go to the site I am right there on the home page.

Comment

yeah, that looks to be new and annanounced. I was on the site yesterday and didnt see it at that time. Must have been today....

Comment

Im glad its there and its about time .. Will definitely be spending some time in that forum ..
              Love my Lark

Comment

Originally posted by dpson View Post
                I must have been sleeping, was there an announcement/discussion about this new feature on the Forum?

I'm all for it, just didn't see it coming.
                There was a "Sticky" announcing this and describing it two days ago.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                  There was a "Sticky" announcing this and describing it two days ago.
                  Thank you for noticing that Gary It’s an idea I’ve had for a while. I brought it up to Tom Curtis and Don Jones last week and they approved it!

We’ve had literally thousands of posts over the last 10 years, seeking and offering cars and parts, and from folks who’ve found cars listed online. Hopefully you’ll find this new board gives more visibility to those posts.

Cheers!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

As Clark says, he asked us our opinion and we approved it. I have felt for a long time the For Sale/Buy cars ans oarts should be separated out. Now it's easy to hunt fir a car of your fancy or to sell one or look for those rare parts you might need. THANKS CLARK!!! Great job!.
                    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

It's an idea whose time has come! I was waiting a digital outlet for classifieds. Thanks, Clark!
                      Mike Davis
                      1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

I noticed the new header right away but didn't notice the sticky announcing it. Good idea, BTW. Over the years I have started to blur the stickies out as I scroll past them to get to the meat and potatoes... Is there a way to high-light new stickies so they stand out? Just a thought...

Comment

Jeff, I stay logged in on my cell. When I go to the site I am right there on the home page.
                          I can remain logged in if I don't log out as long as I don't close firefox. I have deliberately set things up to clear cookies and cache on closing for security reasons. I am one of those strange people w/o a cell or smart phone. Probably 2-5 times a year would be useful but no other need.

Jeff in ND

Comment

Meets with my approval.....
                            Lou Van Anne
                            62 Champ
                            64 R2 GT Hawk
                            79 Avanti II

Comment

Originally posted by StudeNorm View Post
                              I noticed the new header right away but didn't notice the sticky announcing it. Good idea, BTW. Over the years I have started to blur the stickies out as I scroll past them to get to the meat and potatoes... Is there a way to high-light new stickies so they stand out? Just a thought...
                              Unfortunately not, but they do show up in the "What's New?" listing like all the other new threads when they're posted. I also placed an Announcement banner at the top of all the pages, but not everything catches everyone's attention

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X