Starliner bargain ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starliner bargain ?

If this car is as nice as it looks, someone looking for a Starliner should hit the BIN .

JDP/Maryland
    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
    spent to date $54664,75
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,839.60
    63 Lark 2 door
    57 wagon
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Beautiful car. Out of my budget![V]

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, 1947 M5. Searcy,Arkansas
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Beautiful car. Out of my budget![V]

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, 1947 M5. Searcy,Arkansas
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Wow!!! What a beauty and only 20 minutes away from me.
        Denny L

Comment

Wow!!! What a beauty and only 20 minutes away from me.
          Denny L

Comment

Very nice car and well worth the money, if it is as represented and appears. Anyway, we have plenty of knowledgable SDCers in the area to check it out if anyone is serious.

Funny: The seller blocked out the car's current license plate number, presumably to hide his identity. But you can easily read the plate on his late-model Mustang parked at a 90-degree angle to the Starliner in one of the photos! [}] BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Very nice car and well worth the money, if it is as represented and appears. Anyway, we have plenty of knowledgable SDCers in the area to check it out if anyone is serious.

Funny: The seller blocked out the car's current license plate number, presumably to hide his identity. But you can easily read the plate on his late-model Mustang parked at a 90-degree angle to the Starliner in one of the photos! [}] BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

It IS a pretty car. Some folk's thinking tho![8] Show us the junk in the trunk and none of the good below the hood! [B)]

Miscreant adrift in
                the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

It IS a pretty car. Some folk's thinking tho![8] Show us the junk in the trunk and none of the good below the hood! [B)]

Miscreant adrift in
                  the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

For $26K and not an auction, I think that I can pick a little. The "restoration" must have been done by someone not familiar with Studebakers or didn't bother to research the car.
                    The front bumperettes are reversed/upside down, the "Commander" nameplate is improperly placed, who knows what resides under the hood and I only took a quick look at the pictures (I did not study the pictures looking for faults). With the Scarlet Red vinyl and Loma Gray metal trim interior, you could get Coral Red/Monterey Beige two-tone, but that isn't what this car appears to be. It appears to be the Spring combination of Bombay Red/Salem White that came with Flax color vinyl seats and Monterey Beige metal trim.
                    It appears to me to be Arizona plate "53STUDE", but my monitor isn't very good.

Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

For $26K and not an auction, I think that I can pick a little. The "restoration" must have been done by someone not familiar with Studebakers or didn't bother to research the car.
                      The front bumperettes are reversed/upside down, the "Commander" nameplate is improperly placed, who knows what resides under the hood and I only took a quick look at the pictures (I did not study the pictures looking for faults). With the Scarlet Red vinyl and Loma Gray metal trim interior, you could get Coral Red/Monterey Beige two-tone, but that isn't what this car appears to be. It appears to be the Spring combination of Bombay Red/Salem White that came with Flax color vinyl seats and Monterey Beige metal trim.
                      It appears to me to be Arizona plate "53STUDE", but my monitor isn't very good.

Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

It is a very nice car, but I don't think it would ever have had a RED headliner, and it is missing the stone pan under the rear bumper.

Someone did a very faithful reproduction of that seat material very correct and beautiful, maybe Phantom Interiors!

If it was MY 26K, I'd demand he find one![:0]

StudeRich
                        Studebakers Northwest
                        Ferndale, WA
                        StudeRich
                        Second Generation Stude Driver,
                        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

It is a very nice car, but I don't think it would ever have had a RED headliner, and it is missing the stone pan under the rear bumper.

Someone did a very faithful reproduction of that seat material very correct and beautiful, maybe Phantom Interiors!

If it was MY 26K, I'd demand he find one![:0]

StudeRich
                          Studebakers Northwest
                          Ferndale, WA
                          StudeRich
                          Second Generation Stude Driver,
                          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:and it is missing the stone pan under the rear bumper.
                            '53's don't have the body colored panel under the rear bumper that '54 and later do. Its a simple sheet metal strip about 2-3" high that points up and covers the taillamp wires and that bakelight 6 way connector block along the back of the frame X member. The parts books show different numbers for '53 vs '54. They are painted black (or rusty frame brown...). That said, I have seen many '53's with the later panel with the exhaust notch and they do look better IMO.

I tried to zoom in on this one to see if that panel was there but its too dark and fuzzy to tell. It does look like the exhaust is a little blue though . I think there is that woven sisal mat in the trunk too.

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Jeff in ND

Comment

quote:and it is missing the stone pan under the rear bumper.
                              '53's don't have the body colored panel under the rear bumper that '54 and later do. Its a simple sheet metal strip about 2-3" high that points up and covers the taillamp wires and that bakelight 6 way connector block along the back of the frame X member. The parts books show different numbers for '53 vs '54. They are painted black (or rusty frame brown...). That said, I have seen many '53's with the later panel with the exhaust notch and they do look better IMO.

I tried to zoom in on this one to see if that panel was there but its too dark and fuzzy to tell. It does look like the exhaust is a little blue though . I think there is that woven sisal mat in the trunk too.

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Jeff in ND

Comment

Working...
                              X