Deep in the woods of Jawjuh... (pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep in the woods of Jawjuh... (pics)

Lies the rotted, decrepit remains of a '56J. I'll bet it really has a story to tell... I won't even mention the manual floor shifter in it... And the sad thing is, it didn't even run when parked...

Matthew Burnette
    '59 Scotsman
    '63 Daytona
    Hazlehurst, GA

Battery hold-down? [}] (sorry couldn't resist).[:I]

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar
    3E-6/7-122
    </h5>
    Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander

Comment

Battery hold-down? [}] (sorry couldn't resist).[:I]

<h5>Mark
      '57 Transtar
      3E-6/7-122
      </h5>
      Mark Hayden
      '66 Commander

Comment

Sorry Mark, it's missing. Along with the hood and engine.

Matthew Burnette
        '59 Scotsman
        '63 Daytona
        Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Sorry Mark, it's missing. Along with the hood and engine.

Matthew Burnette
          '59 Scotsman
          '63 Daytona
          Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Are you going to bring it home (assuming it isn't already there)?
            It looks like there are a lot of parts of value there.

Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Are you going to bring it home (assuming it isn't already there)?
              It looks like there are a lot of parts of value there.

Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

This car belongs to another guy in Hazlehurst. It's sitting amongst all of my granddad's junk Studes, only this one is a few feet away from the 'Stude Row'. (Which is not all grown over with trees.)

Matthew Burnette
                '59 Scotsman
                '63 Daytona
                Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

This car belongs to another guy in Hazlehurst. It's sitting amongst all of my granddad's junk Studes, only this one is a few feet away from the 'Stude Row'. (Which is not all grown over with trees.)

Matthew Burnette
                  '59 Scotsman
                  '63 Daytona
                  Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Please, Matthew: Get what numbers you can from that car and forward them to Frank Ambrogio for his 1956 Golden Hawk Registry as an extant car, no matter how bad it is.

I was surprised to recently learn the following from Frank's 56J ONLY newsletter: After working hard at it for 18 years, with lots of co-operation from many SDCers, he has still accounted for barely 10% of the 1956 Golden Hawks built, one way or another. I don't mean restored cars, but documented cars in any condition.

He's actually accounted for 568 1956 Golden Hawks of just over 4,000 produced. That includes 29 known to have been scrapped and, hence, no longer exist...so there's almost 90% of the year's production out there to be accounted for!

This may be one of them, Matthew, so send the info to Frank Ambrogio. (Even a body number will do if you can't get the door open; he can cross-reference body numbers to serial numbers and determine the car's probable serial number.) Thanks. BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Please, Matthew: Get what numbers you can from that car and forward them to Frank Ambrogio for his 1956 Golden Hawk Registry as an extant car, no matter how bad it is.

I was surprised to recently learn the following from Frank's 56J ONLY newsletter: After working hard at it for 18 years, with lots of co-operation from many SDCers, he has still accounted for barely 10% of the 1956 Golden Hawks built, one way or another. I don't mean restored cars, but documented cars in any condition.

He's actually accounted for 568 1956 Golden Hawks of just over 4,000 produced. That includes 29 known to have been scrapped and, hence, no longer exist...so there's almost 90% of the year's production out there to be accounted for!

This may be one of them, Matthew, so send the info to Frank Ambrogio. (Even a body number will do if you can't get the door open; he can cross-reference body numbers to serial numbers and determine the car's probable serial number.) Thanks. BP
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I got the body tag, BP. Couldn't get the door open to see the serial plate. [:I] I was intending on sending the body number to Frank; thanks for reminding me. [^]

Matthew Burnette
                        '59 Scotsman
                        '63 Daytona
                        Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

I got the body tag, BP. Couldn't get the door open to see the serial plate. [:I] I was intending on sending the body number to Frank; thanks for reminding me. [^]

Matthew Burnette
                          '59 Scotsman
                          '63 Daytona
                          Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Frank has added the car to his register now. And thanks to his amazing '56J DVD, I found the build sheet by searching the body number. Cool stuff. [8D] I recommend getting one if you ever wanted to know anything about a '56J. Everything is there! Even the build sheets for all 4071 cars.

Matthew Burnette
                            '59 Scotsman
                            '63 Daytona
                            Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Frank has added the car to his register now. And thanks to his amazing '56J DVD, I found the build sheet by searching the body number. Cool stuff. [8D] I recommend getting one if you ever wanted to know anything about a '56J. Everything is there! Even the build sheets for all 4071 cars.

Matthew Burnette
                              '59 Scotsman
                              '63 Daytona
                              Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Working...
                              X