Identify the Studebaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identify the Studebaker

I'm new to the Studebaker world and need some help identifying the year and model of a car I just saw. I was walking by an old railroad station that is littered with old cars. I found a Studebaker mixed in the lot. I think its a 1947 Champion but I wanted to ask the experts on this forum. Sorry about the orientation of the head on shot.
    Attached Files

You are correct, a 1947 Champion.

Craig

Comment

Thanks. I think I saw another Studebaker toward the back of the lot.

Comment

That's a '61-'63 Lincoln Continental sedan next to it. Where are these cars located? Looks like a western states location.

Comment

Check out the wheel covers on the 47 Champion!
          sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
          Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
          "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Looks like a reconnaissance mission needs to be done on that property! I wonder if those cars are for sale, abandoned, or outright hoarded by some old man who will "git around to restorin' them one of these days".
            Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

The cars are located in Marathon, Texas about 90 minutes south of Fort Stockton. Marathon is 40 miles from the entrance to Big Bend National Park. I've been coming here for about 10 years and always walk by the cars thinking it's a shame they have to slowly rot away. I'll take some more pics today and post them. My mom says the owner of the land lives in an RV on the property.

Comment

Here are some more pics. After walking around the property there must be 100+ vehicles on the property.
                Attached Files

Comment

Why does the deck lid, on what appears to be a CK, look so strange? OK After a second scrutiny it isn't a CK, so what is it? It looks like the only saving grace for these cars is that they are in dry Texas. I even spot an old 50's Austin Cambridge.
                  Bill

Comment

Thanks for posting the photos. Living here in the "Green" Mountains of Ver(t)mont I'm always amazed at how different the climate and terrain is in other parts of the country.
                    Dan Peterson
                    Montpelier, VT
                    1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
                    1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

The car in pic 5 is a Simca, early '60's. Christophe can supply more details.
                      Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Some more pics from this morning. BTW, inside the wood building there are at least two 1920's era cars. The doors to the building were open yesterday and I could see two of the cars. The doors were shut this morning. The owner must be on to me.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Pavejon; 08-25-2018, 02:22 PM.

Comment

That '56 Oldsmobile is bizarre. 'Must be a story there somewhere... BP
                          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                          X