Correct reported Build Specs for Interior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct reported Build Specs for Interior

My '63 R1 Avanti, R4314, is reported (see pg. F-198 of Avanti Authenticity Manual) as being the first car built with black (vs salt and pepper/turquiose and black) carpeting on floor and door panels. I have Production Order & Window Sticker (file attached; sticker indicates Avanti Turquoise exterior paint (P6332), carpets/lower door panels/floor as turquoise and black, optional Regal trim (923, pleated doors/seat inserts) with turquoise (TQV) upholstery) . I've also established contact with Alan Basile, Authenticity Manual co-author, to correct. What else - if anything - to do? Many thanks for thoughts & response!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by wckrueger; 08-23-2018, 07:55 AM. Reason: Window Sticker Codes explained

Is the "Three Speed" Floor shift an Error (Typo) as they sometimes are?
    Is it really a FOUR Speed?

We know there were a few Avantis with the Standard Manual 3 Speed non-overdrive T-86 Trans. even some with Manual steering, mostly the '64's that were given away with the Allstate Tire Promotion Campaign, but luckily very few.

Nothing "to do" just drive it and enjoy it as it is, certainly not as Colorful and good looking as the Special Salt and Pepper Carpet, but Original.
    It is a Turquoise Green Vinyl and Fawn Interior Car.

Mine is 4275 and still had Salt and Pepper Carpets (Maroon), so yours is not a lot later, but definitely a Late '63.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 08-22-2018, 02:08 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

...don't see my reply - yes, correctly built with 3-speed manual.

Comment

No Reply here.
        Post #1 said nothing about ANYTHING being wrong, just something about having some guy named Alan correct something, WHAT?

You may have left out a few Paragraphs!
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
        X