Something missing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something missing?

Shouldn't there be a "Cruiser" or "Daytona" or whatever trim in cursive on the front fenders? Is there anything else missing? I texted the guy who claims it's original miles and odometer hasn't turned over. Texted back that it has PS, front disc, working AC.

The nameplates are just missing, it could have had Fender replacements, body work or whatever. But it clearly is a South Bend built '64 Cruiser, Laguna Blue Metallic with Blue Cloth Interior. A nicely ordered Cruiser.

The original Engine would be a 289.

You know he doesn't get his Stude. info here, as most of us know that Air Conditioning was available since 1955 not "New" in '64.
    You have to wonder HOW you get a rear Bumper THAT swisted up!

The underhood Pic shows the Factory A/C, Power Steering, Power Disc. Brake Booster and M/C all very "original" looking.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 08-22-2018, 08:58 AM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
      ... You have to wonder HOW you get a rear Bumper THAT swisted up! ...
      I don't think it is a perfect bumper, but it looks like a lot of the distortion is actually reflection in the bumper. It kind of got me too when I first looked.
      '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

I think the reflection is throwing us off. If you enlarge the pic, it looks just fine. Overall a very nice looking car.
        Mike Davis
        1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Until reading the ad, I never realized that 1963 was the first year air conditioning was an option...
          Last edited by Guido; 08-22-2018, 04:54 PM.

Comment

I hope that the title is for a 1964, not 1963, with this car's S/N.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
              I hope that the title is for a 1964, not 1963, with this car's S/N.
              Maybe it IS a '63 and the front sheet metal was damaged and a '64 front was installed.
              Jerry Forrester
              Forrester's Chrome
              Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
                Maybe it IS a '63 and the front sheet metal was damaged and a '64 front was installed.
                Hardly. It also has a 1964 rear end (trunk, taillights, etc.) and 1964 doors and three 1964 wheelcovers and 1964 bumpers and ---.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Even with all the faults in the add I like the car. Ps , Pb, AC and an Auto....and more door(Which I like). I even have his missing wheel cover. Now, as to the price......
                  64 GT R1 4sp Hawk
                  Mohawk Trails Chapter SDC

Comment

Working...
                  X