1st gear valve body- what's it worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st gear valve body- what's it worth?

I bought one for $125. Is it worth that?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

When SASCO had a few, they were gettin' $350 for them.[^]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

When SASCO had a few, they were gettin' $350 for them.[^]

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I thought I remembered one of these referred to recently:

Same seller, same listing.

Wonder how many more he's got?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I thought I remembered one of these referred to recently:

Same seller, same listing.

Wonder how many more he's got?

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Another question: How hard are these to find? How about the same for the Powershift?

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Another question: How hard are these to find? How about the same for the Powershift?

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Could you take it, and a non-first gear start valve body, & diassemble them, so we see what the difference is? Maybe it would then be possible to convert them, using a "shift kit" containing a few small parts, instead of searching for a hard-to-find and expensive FGS valve body.

"You Can't Have Everything--Where Would You Put It?" ---comedian Steven Wright

Comment

Could you take it, and a non-first gear start valve body, & diassemble them, so we see what the difference is? Maybe it would then be possible to convert them, using a "shift kit" containing a few small parts, instead of searching for a hard-to-find and expensive FGS valve body.

"You Can't Have Everything--Where Would You Put It?" ---comedian Steven Wright

Comment

That would be interesting to know... maybe at some point I'll do just that!

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

That would be interesting to know... maybe at some point I'll do just that!

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                      X