Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes: Brake drums

Hi there,
    I am desperately seeking new brake drums for my Studebaker President coupé 1955. The front drums measure 11" and the rear ones 10 ". Can anybody help me to find new ones?
    Best,
    Kurt from Switzerland
    Last edited by kla; 08-21-2018, 10:09 PM.

Studebaker International has re-manufactured brake drums. You might have to use the finned ones, but they are probably better. E-mail them with you needs. Sounds like a nice car!

Comment

Hello Kurt,
      It might be possible that the French Amicale had some.
      Send a mail to Gérard Chapuis: gerard.chapuis2@sfr.fr
      Are your drums too worned to be turned?

Nice day to all.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffry Cassel View Post
        Studebaker International has re-manufactured brake drums. You might have to use the finned ones, but they are probably better. E-mail them with you needs. Sounds like a nice car!
        What is the process to remanufacture a brake drum?. jimmijim
        sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

I think the term "re-manufacture" is a glorified term for rebuilding an OEM part. I believe that SI's brake drums are newly manufactured drums. In other words, they are brand new copies of the originals (maybe not exact copies cosmetically, though).
          -Dwight

Comment

I have a set(front) From a GT Hawk.I converted to disc brakes in v/g condition 11” finned.I want $150. Can for them,but due to weight shipping would be expensive. Email if interested
            kdmull@rogers.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight FitzSimons View Post
              I think the term "re-manufacture" is a glorified term for rebuilding an OEM part. I believe that SI's brake drums are newly manufactured drums. In other words, they are brand new copies of the originals (maybe not exact copies cosmetically, though).
              -Dwight
              Reproduced I think. jim
              sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Working...
              X