• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: mechanical advance electronic distributor

Click image for larger version

Name:	mms_20170228_142835.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	1758404i was hoping someone could verify whether i have the right settings on dizzy the silver springs are the ones im using now its a reground r2 cam i dont know of the make of dizzy but the diagram is what came with it . many thanks in advance Ray
    Attached Files

Not sure what engine you have, but this is how my 289 is set up. (from another post) I have an adjustable vacuum advance. You might too, the adjustables are hex shaped just below the hose nipple and have an adjusting screw inside the nipple. The weight springs are very dependant on the weights and their cam, so try it and see which works. Never seen those lock out tabs before.

I don't run mine with ported vacuum, it's connected directly to the manifold. I set the timing at the IGN mark at 700rpm with vacuum advance disconnected. Connect the vacuum and advance goes up 3 degrees. By 1500rpm the mechanical advance is all in at 30 degrees. By 2500rpm the combined vacuum and mechanical advance brings total advance to 45 degrees. Runs like a scalded dog, no pinging or temp issues.

Comment

Working...
    X