My Studebaker Shirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Studebaker Shirts

I have 15 Studebaker themed shirts that I wear regularly. Four were given to me, one I won and the other ten I purchased. The "strange" part is that I realized that all of the purchased shirts were from people that are now deceased - Rusty Habel (Penn.), John Brichetto (sp?) (AutoSport), Dennis Lambert (SASCO) and Bill Glass (BondoBill).

I have been having dental surgery done. The first visit, I wore a shirt with a Studebaker on it, which led to a big discussion on cars, mostly Studebakers, with both the surgeon and one of his female assistants. For the two times that I have gone back to the office, I made sure that I wore a different Studebaker shirt each time and each visit he took time to talk to me about Studebakers.

Besides the shirts, when I wear a suit, I wear my 40 year member SDC pin on the lapel (haven't gotten a new pin for 50 years).
    Last edited by studegary; 08-15-2018, 04:24 PM. Reason: clarification
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Gary, I would sell you some more shirts but I am afraid that doing so might be my demise.
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Yeah, let nobody sell you a new shirt!

Comment

For many years our Keystone Region Chapter has held two weekend tours, spring and fall.
        T-shirts in the spring and sweatshirts in the fall were always screen printed with our Studebakers and a theme that suited whatever area we traveled to.
        My oldest surviving t-shirt is 35 years old and I have one dresser that holds nothing but sweatshirts. Too many to wear them out.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	P8150518.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	1721796
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I had some custom-made Tshirts made up for my grandkids with their names on them, like "Dynamic Donovan," Vivacious Vivianne," and "Big Jules from SD." Then I decided to make one for myself. It's got a picture and the name of my Sky Hawk and the logo.Can't wait to wear it at the next show.
          peter lee

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
            John Brichetto (sp?) (AutoSport).
            Wow, some of those shirts have lasted a long time. It's been many years since we could buy a shirt from John Brichetto.

I miss John, he was a staple at our (NC Chapter) Tri-State Meets for many years.
            Paul
            Winston-Salem, NC
            Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
            Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
              Wow, some of those shirts have lasted a long time. It's been many years since we could buy a shirt from John Brichetto.

I miss John, he was a staple at our (NC Chapter) Tri-State Meets for many years.
              Yes, I bought those in 1995. That's not so long ago. How many can tell you when they bought an article of clothing?
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                Yes, I bought those in 1995. That's not so long ago. How many can tell you when they bought an article of clothing?
                Gary-
                Not trying to be a smarta--, but I still have T shirts from Long Beach 1979, Gettysburg 1980, St Louis 1981, Seattle 1982, etc -- you get the idea. Not difficult to determine when I bought them.
                Skip Lackie

Comment

There is just no end to the useful information to be found on this forum!
                  sigpic
                  Dave Lester

Comment

Gary only 10? my guess I have over 100 and most of the time if one does not have a pocket I don't ware it, but they are cool anyway.
                    Candbstudebakers
                    Castro Valley,
                    California

Comment

Originally posted by Studedude View Post
                      There is just no end to the useful information to be found on this forum!
                      Always trying to be helpful, Dave.
                      Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
                        Always trying to be helpful, Dave.
                        sigpic
                        Dave Lester

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
                          Gary-
                          Not trying to be a smarta--, but I still have T shirts from Long Beach 1979, Gettysburg 1980, St Louis 1981, Seattle 1982, etc -- you get the idea. Not difficult to determine when I bought them.
                          I bet you will also have the corresponding dash plaque for each t-shirt!!

Craig

Comment

I am wanting the day I can take my Studebaker into town . A new Doctor in town has a last name of Studebaker . I want to show him mine . Problem is mine hasn't been out in a 1 1/2 years . 3 back surgeries over a dropped foot and still on a walker . But hope to get it back out in future.
                            Randy Wilkin
                            1946 M5 Streetrod
                            Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                              I bet you will also have the corresponding dash plaque for each t-shirt!!

Craig
                              I'm sure you're right. But I didn't DRIVE to all those meets, so all my dash plaques are in a shoe box in the basement. I can't imagine actually sticking them on the dash.
                              Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
                              X