NEEDED: water outlet for 60 Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEEDED: water outlet for 60 Hawk

Hi All - I need another water outlet for my Hawk as mine is letting to much water by-pass the thermostat. I believe the part # is 532383. It is the one with 4 bolt holes.
    Thanks - Mr Mike

Something does not make sense here Mike, I was not aware that ANY water would bi-pass the thermostat! Unless the Stat has a small bleed hole.

If the mounting flange is intact as most are because they are very tough cast Iron, and it has it's little recess cut out of it for the Stat to fit in, I don't see how it could leak internally.

If you MUST replace it:
    The 532383 Housing is $19.10 !!!! Saved AGAIN by our friends Dennis and Denice at SASCO!!!

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Something does not make sense here Mike, I was not aware that ANY water would bi-pass the thermostat! Unless the Stat has a small bleed hole.

If the mounting flange is intact as most are because they are very tough cast Iron, and it has it's little recess cut out of it for the Stat to fit in, I don't see how it could leak internally.

If you MUST replace it:
      The 532383 Housing is $19.10 !!!! Saved AGAIN by our friends Dennis and Denice at SASCO!!!

StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

StudeRich - The thermostat does not fit tight in the recess. The recess appears to be too deep for the stat flange. All else fails, I'll try to put a rubber or cork spacer (gasket) in to solve the problem. I have tried several stats, including one from SI, all with the same result. Sasco no longer has this part available, I already checked b/4 posting.
        Thanks for the input - Mr Mike

Comment

StudeRich - The thermostat does not fit tight in the recess. The recess appears to be too deep for the stat flange. All else fails, I'll try to put a rubber or cork spacer (gasket) in to solve the problem. I have tried several stats, including one from SI, all with the same result. Sasco no longer has this part available, I already checked b/4 posting.

Comment

Mike,
            Take your thermostat and mount it into place using Permatex Ultra-Black gasket adhesive.
            Put the gasket into place (using the Ultra-Black) at the same time and let it set up overnight.
            Then mount the housing in the normal fashion.
            The Ultra-Black will stand up to the heat and coolant fine, and your thermostat won't rattle around in there.
            Just be careful and take it easy next time you have to take the thermostat housing off of there.
            Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Mr Mike

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Mike,
              Take your thermostat and mount it into place using Permatex Ultra-Black gasket adhesive.
              Put the gasket into place (using the Ultra-Black) at the same time and let it set up overnight.
              Then mount the housing in the normal fashion.
              The Ultra-Black will stand up to the heat and coolant fine, and your thermostat won't rattle around in there.
              Just be careful and take it easy next time you have to take the thermostat housing off of there.
              Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Mr Mike

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Thanks Jeff, I'll give that a try - Mr Mike

Comment

Thanks Jeff, I'll give that a try - Mr Mike

Comment

Working...
                  X