Did 1964 Champs Have Padded Dashes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did 1964 Champs Have Padded Dashes?

Looking at this 1964 Champ - I couldn't remember if they did or not.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1964Champ.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	1758334

Followup question: Does it look like this truck is Horizon Green??

Name:	1964Champ2.jpg
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	1758335
    1966 Daytona Sport Sedan - Richelieu Blue

I’m sure the T6 had a padded dash but the T4 may not of . There will be a tag on the firewall that will tell you T4 or T6
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

This one appears to be only a Standard Cab, so no but they would never be shiny.
      Something "Different" has been done to that Radio mounting area though, it appears to be tilted UP!

It has been all modified on the Interior though with Custom Door Panels and Seat Covers, Carpet etc.

No Chrome Parking Lights, Headlight Rims, Grille and Sliding Window unless changed, would be a T4.

Since it is repainted, it is probably somewhere between Horizon Green '64 (more Silver), and Green Mist '63 in this lighting it appears more like the '63.

You can check the Serial Number to find out if it is a '64.
      Last edited by StudeRich; 08-07-2018, 07:52 AM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
        This one is only a Standard Cab, so no.

It has been all modified on the Interior though with Custom Door Panels and Seat Covers, Carpet etc.

No Chrome Parking Lights, Headlight Rims, Grille and Sliding Window unless changed, would be a T4.
        Thanks 2R5 and StudeRich. I just emailed Southeast Studebaker to ask them if they make 64 Champ door panel sets available. I don't see it listed, though. Even though not original, it doesn't look terrible the way it is - just not original. Interior color not my favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by allen04084 View Post
          Thanks 2R5 and StudeRich. I just emailed Southeast Studebaker to ask them if they make 64 Champ door panel sets available. I don't see it listed, though. Even though not original, it doesn't look terrible the way it is - just not original. Interior color not my favorite.
          You wont like the original color of those door panels
          sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Right, the '62, '63 and '64 Champ Interiors were one COLOR fits all, a pinkish Tan with a Gray/Tan and '62 Lark Deluxe Design.

Name:	Blue 63 Short Bed4.jpg
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	1721667
            StudeRich
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The main question I would have is how solid is the cab? Hopefully it's all solid under the carpets. It really looks like a nice truck. The T 4 would typically not have the stainless around the windshield but it looks great with it. It appears someone took time and money to make a nice truck even if it's not original. Most people see these vehicles and don't know what's correct - even Stude people! It looks very presentable. What's under the hood? What trans?
              Rob in PA.

Comment

Truck in question is a '64 8E7 - is here on the Champ forum registry: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...21#post1039921

T4 standard cabs did not have a dash pad - but you could order one if you wanted.

8E all had the same interior and dash pad that is unique to '63 and '64.

7E (1962) had a one year only interior from dash pad to seat cover to door panels... photo is from a sub-15K mile original.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                  Right, the '62, '63 and '64 Champ Interiors were one COLOR fits all, a pinkish Tan with a Gray/Tan and '62 Lark Deluxe Design.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]74336[/ATTACH]
                  Yummm.. Delightful!! Interesting, though. Something I definitely didn't know.

This green Champ is currently at a Classic Car Dealer in LA called "Back in the Day Classics". They must have had it a while if it was on Hemmings in Feb 2017. It's funny - if you do a Google Maps, this truck is in the lot pic at that address. I wonder why it doesn't sell??

Comment

I like the green interior and exterior colors. I think that's one of the nicest looking Champs I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by allen04084 View Post
                      Looking at this 1964 Champ - I couldn't remember if they did or not.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]74333[/ATTACH]

Followup question: Does it look like this truck is Horizon Green??

[ATTACH=CONFIG]74334[/ATTACH]
                      I removed a padded dash from ? year T cab. Not sewn as a 59-60 Lark. The threads were simulated vinyl. honest jimmijim
                      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Going from memory here, but I'm pretty certain the truck colors were different and separate from that year's car colors. Though, memory can be faulty, of course.
                        Bill Pressler
                        Kent, OH
                        (formerly Greenville, PA)
                        Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                        Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                        1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                        1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                        All are in Australia now

Comment

On "Some Years" the Truck colors are the same as Cars but with a few extra thrown in, like International Orange for Fleets.
                          Older Trucks seem to have mostly their own Colors.
                          StudeRich
                          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I really like the interior of that truck.Not a fan of original truck door panels an seats.
                            NEIL G.

Comment

Working...
                            X