Sighting: 1958 Studebaker (President perhaps?) 2 Door HT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sighting: 1958 Studebaker (President perhaps?) 2 Door HT

We just returned from a long trip on backroads to Montana and am having some difficulty recollecting exactly where we sighted a '58 Hardtop, brown, body looked decent on a trailer heading eastward. I think it may have been Idaho #12 but could be mistaken.
    Does anyone here know of this car?
    I have a bunch of interesting photos involving Studes but will have to post later when I get a better operating computer.
    Cheers,
    Bill

For quite a while there has been a ‘58 Commander hardtop on Portland craigslist. It was brown. (Canyon Copper?) As of today the ad is still on craigslist so I wouldn’t know if it is the one you saw.

Comment

That copper one in Portland has been torturing me for months. Its a heck of a steal for someone. I wanted it soooo bad, but I'm up to my ears in projects right now. I hope someone is taking it. It was only $2000. I was going to convert it to a 56 President Hardtop. I think that would have been a fantastically gorgeous car. The 58s front ends are hideous. Sorry 58 owners.
      sals54

Comment

This one?
        sigpic
        Dave Lester

Comment

Yup.... That's the one that's been haunting my dreams. I know I'm gonna regret passing on it. Another one as nice as this, for this little money, will never come again.
          Dang regrets... I hate them.
          sals54

Comment

Upon further reflection I think it was on HWY 95 Southeast of Lewiston Idaho on a divided section of road. That would make the Portland unit a likely candidate.
            I hope the new owner chimes in.
            Bill

Comment

The 58 Commander has been sold. It did go to Idaho. I am sure that is the one you saw. I will tell dad to take ad down. We bought it as a package with a 58 Packard HT 15+ years ago. Been thinning out the heard some....
              Sedans Rule!!!

Chris Coop
              Vancouver, WA.

Comment

I am glad you sold it! Now I can put it out of my mind.

Comment

just for general information, there is a 58 Commander listed on the El Paso Craigslist for $700 but it looks like a parts car.

Comment

Working...
                  X