rubber seals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rubber seals

can anyone with a 1950 commander starlight coupe take a photo of there cowl seal please , ordered a window seal kit and the seal thats turned up is different to the one that i have already got on the car , also the rear window has 3 steal strips is there a rubber seal that the screws screw into ? or is it the rear rubber they screw into ???
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2491.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	1758327
    my cowl seal

Name:	IMG_2495.jpg
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	1758328
    steal strip

Name:	52 Champion Starlight Red2.jpg
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	1721648 Click image for larger version

Name:	51 Starlight3.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	1721649 Click image for larger version

Name:	51CommChickenHawk.jpg
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	1721650Do you have this OUTSIDE metal Trim?
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The cowl seal on your car looks like it would work, but it is not like the original one on my old Champion. Mine was almost flat with no upturned lip like yours.
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]74301[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]74302[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]74303[/ATTACH]Do you have this OUTSIDE metal Trim?
        Yes I do , wasn't sure if it's similar to the m5 pick up Center bar

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
        The cowl seal on your car looks like it would work, but it is not like the original one on my old Champion. Mine was almost flat with no upturned lip like yours.
        Ok many thanks

Comment

Each rear glass has a separate rubber gasket, and there is a metal piece, part of the body that is between each gasket. The screws extend thru the interior trim, then thru the metal and into the stainless outside trim. Small clips inside the stainless have threads for the screws. Your cowl gasket is not original, I've replaced mine recently and the replacement is the same profile as the original on my car.
          3H-C5 "The Blue Goose"

Comment

Originally posted by gjamesk View Post
            Each rear glass has a separate rubber gasket, and there is a metal piece, part of the body that is between each gasket. The screws extend thru the interior trim, then thru the metal and into the stainless outside trim. Small clips inside the stainless have threads for the screws. Your cowl gasket is not original, I've replaced mine recently and the replacement is the same profile as the original on my car.
            Would you have a photo of your car with the rear windows and rubbers out ???

Comment

Sure.

Name:	20180130_110717.jpg
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	1721652 Click image for larger version

Name:	20180131_113339.jpg
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	1721653 Click image for larger version

Name:	20180620_164911.jpg
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	1721654
              3H-C5 "The Blue Goose"

Comment

Many thanks for the photos 😊 once again the members have come up trumps
                Pm sent bud

Comment

It's all held together with the four little clips or speed nuts that slide in to each of the stainless exterior moldings. The screws from the inside engage those clips and pull the stainless against the rubber uprights. The left clips, and the right clips, and the center clips each have a different contour, since the screws and bars are at different angles. I don't know where you can get those clips. According to the parts catalog the clips were included as part of the exterior molding assemblies and have no separate part number. When I put mine together I made my own, but that was almost thirty years ago. If any remnant of yours remain you may want to use them as patterns.
                  Brad Johnson,
                  SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                  '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
                    It's all held together with the four little clips or speed nuts that slide in to each of the stainless exterior moldings. The screws from the inside engage those clips and pull the stainless against the rubber uprights. The left clips, and the right clips, and the center clips each have a different contour, since the screws and bars are at different angles. I don't know where you can get those clips. According to the parts catalog the clips were included as part of the exterior molding assemblies and have no separate part number. When I put mine together I made my own, but that was almost thirty years ago. If any remnant of yours remain you may want to use them as patterns.
                    many thanks bud i'll be sure to take it apart with great care

Comment

Working...
                    X