Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Sincere Thanks to Mr, Vines (Packard V8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Sincere Thanks to Mr, Vines (Packard V8)

This post is a shout out in thanks to Jack Vines in Spokane, WA (Packard V8) I have been having trouble with second gear in my 56 Power Hawk for as long as I have had it. (6.5 years), Jack made me an offer of a complete T86 tranny, from a Power Hawk, that he has had for quite some time. I am in Arizona and was visiting family in Oregon so Jack and I made arrangements for me to pick up the tranny at his home. My visit with him was short but friendly and informative. Jack, I really can't thank you enough for an extraordinary deal in selling me this transmission. The trip home was uneventful, which is good, and we had that gear case oil aroma all the way home. Actually we wrapped it up in a tarp and secured it with electrical tape (you use what you've have) and the aroma was really not too noticeable.
    Summertime in the Phoenix area is no time to be on your back under a car in the garage, so the exchange will be a winter project. Again Jack, thank you for helping out a back yard mechanic in a time of need.
    Rog
    As you walk down the fairway of life you must
    smell the roses, for you only get to play one round.

Ben Hogan

Good deal, a Short Tail '51-'57 T-86 Overdrive is a good score, a '56 for '56 even better!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Ben, you are too kind, sir. It was a pleasure to meet you and your wife. Glad your travels were safe. (Ben didn't mention he gave more than my asking price; I'd set it low just as a favor to a fellow SDC member and he added lagniappe.

jack vines
      PackardV8

Comment

Good morning all. Jack made me have to look up "lagniappe", out of curiosity. Today, I can say that I learned a little Louisiana Creole French. You never know what you might learn on this forum.
        Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

Originally posted by tsenecal View Post
          Good morning all. Jack made me have to look up "lagniappe", out of curiosity. Today, I can say that I learned a little Louisiana Creole French. You never know what you might learn on this forum.
          Me too! Even after finding the meaning, I also found the pronunciation...I would'a never got that right with my drawl.
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
            Me too! Even after finding the meaning, I also found the pronunciation...I would'a never got that right with my drawl.
            lan'-yapp. You nevah bin ta Nawlins?

Comment

Originally posted by tsenecal View Post
              What 'n the heck, is a Guy in Spokane doing, speaking Louisiana Creole French?

Originally posted by jclary View Post
              Originally posted by jnormanh View Post
              lan'-yapp. You nevah bin ta Nawlins?
              Ok, that pronunciation seems easy enough? Thanks! Now, I guess, I'll also have to look it up? No I have not, yet, found my way to Nawlins.

Mark
              sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

Originally posted by S2Deluxe View Post
                I guess, I'll also have to look it up?

Mark
                It's a little something extra. "I paid for a dozen eggs, but they gave me 13."

Comment

Working...
                X