61 Hawk power steering control valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 61 Hawk power steering control valve

I know that it is slim but I have been looking for a power steering control valve for my 61 Hawk that I have had repaired but it still leaks fluid. I would like to find a NOS that someone has in there long forgotten archives or at the least a used one that is dry.

Did you pull out the aluminum hose seats, and dress them on a lathe? If not your new hoses will leak because they will not seat into the deeply grooved old ones.
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

I had the repair done at a reliable Studebaker repair shop, so I will be in contact with them as far as that is concerned but I do not believe that is where the leak is coming from. Thank you for your information.

Comment

Originally posted by Swamper714
        I had the repair done at a reliable Studebaker repair shop, so I will be in contact with them as far as that is concerned but I do not believe that is where the leak is coming from. Thank you for your information.
        Send your valve to Dave Thibeault 978 897 3158.
        He rebuilds these and also supplies complete power steering setups.
        He is in your neck of the woods

Comment

Mine has always been a little drippy and I've had my 61 since it was 9 yrs old. Working on a 63 Galaxie which has very similiar PS and it doesn't leak. The little rubber seals on the Ford are different than a Studebaker which look like brake cylinderseals. Has anyone tried using the Ford type in a Studebaker??

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffry Cassel View Post
            Mine has always been a little drippy and I've had my 61 since it was 9 yrs old. Working on a 63 Galaxie which has very similiar PS and it doesn't leak. The little rubber seals on the Ford are different than a Studebaker which look like brake cylinderseals. Has anyone tried using the Ford type in a Studebaker??
            Here is one post (found thru Google, not our wonderful forum search ) regarding using a Ford Granada spool & seals, or modifying the Stude spool to use the Granada seals.

There should be more info out there, probably on Bob Johnstone's site, so I suggest taking some time searching.
            Paul
            Winston-Salem, NC
            Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
            Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

I used the Mustang one on my 59 Wagon.

Comment

Working...
              X