Introducing Shackelford the 1963 R2 lark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing Shackelford the 1963 R2 lark

These are the pictures of the r2 lark. serial number 63V-8292. I am planning to sell and drum up money for many other stude projects I have.
    I have a really good dash for it, t10 trans, Jts block-jts 1316 and pan,and a sn 60 supercharger for it that I will bundle to sell.
    I named it shakelford since it has the rad shackles showing out the back.
    Shack has many needs, it is rusty, has 1 bad rear drum ( I ruined)and many missing parts. I just dont have time to do the job right like whistler. I have build sheet.
    Shack was factory white.

Click image for larger version

Name:	shakelford.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	154.8 KB
ID:	1758291Click image for larger version

Name:	dash.jpg
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	1758292Click image for larger version

Name:	pappa and Me with block.jpg
Size:	151.2 KB
ID:	1758293Click image for larger version

Name:	t10.jpg
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	1758294
    Last edited by cabforward; 07-28-2018, 12:42 PM.

Cool!! Can you post a pic/scan of the Production Order (build sheet)?

Does the block have it's original main bearing caps with it?
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
    Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Caps missing, Here is build sheet. Original engine is jts 1234
      Click image for larger version

Name:	build sheet.jpg
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	1721558
      Last edited by cabforward; 07-28-2018, 05:41 AM. Reason: left off info

Comment

That Production Order appears to be a recipe for a drag car. Is there any evidence of it ever being on a dragstrip?

Craig

Comment

Not sure. It came from a field of cars back in early 90's from a fellow named billy bills. He had rescued it from someone near Lewisburg Tennessee. The rear wheels I put on it for looks. Someone had installed air shocks and shakles. Cant see any painting on doors or decals.

Comment

Originally posted by cabforward View Post
            Caps missing, Here is build sheet. Original engine is jts 1234
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]74170[/ATTACH]
            The production order does not indicate "sold" and/or "rush". I can not believe that this was a car built for stock. It was built fairly early in the 1963 model year. Perhaps it was for display, such as at a major car show, or for factory or dealer competition use. There is also no shipped date.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Just for clarification, based on the production order above, this is not a SuperLark. A SuperLark would have the "High Performance Package" identified on the PO. Nice find in any case though.

Comment

How were you able to come up with a production order so fast? You were debating to get one 5 days ago on your other thread. It usually takes me weeks to get one.

Comment

Long story. museum did not do this quick. I needed to verify what it was and finally dug it up from where I got it many years ago. The rest is water under the bridge. Car was at my dads place for 35 years. Forgotten and I was cleaning out for him and I needed to verify or scrap.
                  Sorry for wording. lark with supercharger and 4 speed.

Comment

sorry did not mean to mislead

Comment

I knew Billy Bills. Had been to his house / farm several times. Did not know he had this car.

Comment

Originally posted by cabforward View Post
                        /Cut/
                        Sorry for wording. lark with supercharger and 4 speed.
                        That's OK, ever since Post #3 on 7/24/18 over here:

We have known this was actually a '63 Lark Regal 2 Dr. with the R2 Super Jet Thrust option engine, not a Package "Super Lark", but COULD have been optioned as one.
                        StudeRich
                        Second Generation Stude Driver,
                        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Comment

Hilarious. Love that show

Comment

Billy had it in 1988 when I traded for it and 20 other cars. I traded my driving 63gt and cash. This car was one of the last I hauled to my dads place. When I was leaving with car chained to trailer i noticed a big stick fall out from under the car. As I watched the stick in my side mirror, it kept moving and disappeared in the grass.
                              Yes a snake and it was a large diameter and it was right there with me when I was loading and pulling the chain around the rear axle and front chaining to the cross member in the weeds. very unnerving for a 24 year old. I Had no issues with being scared or anything while loading cars from the weeds at Billys place I was saving studebakers.
                              After seeing the limb crawl off the road I was a chicken and even carried the weed eater when car loading. There is some stuff you never forget.

Comment

Working...
                              X