View Full Version : Engine: lifters

07-15-2018, 11:53 PM
73853 Can someone tell me the difference between these 2 lifters i am presuming that the one with the grove on it creates more oil flow, ? thanks in advance Ray

07-16-2018, 06:26 PM
The grooved one is likely OEM Original or a different Brand of replacement than the smooth one.
The Groove would not create more Oil "Flow" just retain a bit more for ever so slightly better Lubrication, no big deal.

Earlier ones had round holes in the side and were taller, and all work the same.

Since they are "Solid" lifters, they are not Oil operated.

Dwain G.
07-18-2018, 12:03 AM
The grooved lifter is an obsolete part #531696 (std. size) to be used with forged steel cams found in some 1951-54 V8 engines.


07-24-2018, 07:58 PM
I have the grooved ones in my 64 259 .