Found two Stude parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found two Stude parts

In looking for all my Lark parts to go with the Lark, I found these.

#1338246, NOS, 61 Lark grill. In the factory box, $60.

1954 (and 53 ?) front bumper override bar. It bolts to the top of the standard bumper uprights. Metal is good (no dents, or tears), chrome is good for a driver, needs plating for a show car. Reasonable offer...

Mike

Originally posted by Mike Van Veghten View Post
    In looking for all my Lark parts to go with the Lark, I found these.

#1338246, NOS, 61 Lark grill. In the factory box, $60.

1954 (and 53 ?) front bumper override bar. It bolts to the top of the standard bumper uprights. Metal is good (no dents, or tears), chrome is good for a driver, needs plating for a show car. Reasonable offer...

Mike
    The 1953 and 1954 grille guards/bars are completely different. The 1953 bar is straight. The 1954 bar steps down near the ends.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Thanks Gary.

The bar I have is for the 1954. (One thing the knucklehead that put it on did right!!).

Mike

Comment

Wasnt 61 the year they changed the grill mid-year? If you are looking for a used older-style grille (like on a 59), you can have mine. Just pay for shipping from Los Angeles. I can send pics if that is what you are looking for.

Comment

creegster -

No, as noted, it's for a 196...1 Lark.
          It's slightly larger around the periphery than the 59/60 grill. Will not...fit into a 59 or 60 hole pattern.
          I believe 1960 was, early/late grill style. Minor difference. I do like the 59 style better for what it's worth !

Also, as noted, it's for sale.

Thanks for the offer.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by creegster View Post
            Wasnt 61 the year they changed the grill mid-year? If you are looking for a used older-style grille (like on a 59), you can have mine. Just pay for shipping from Los Angeles. I can send pics if that is what you are looking for.
            You may be mixing up the two fronts/grilles on 1961 Lark models. Deluxe models used one and Regal/Cruiser models used another (includes an outer trim ring). Also there is the single vs. dual headlight 1961 Larks (also all year, not a mid-year change).

EDIT: $60 is a fair price for a 1961 mesh (same as SI). I remember paying $20 three decades ago.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Mike, PM sent today.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Got it, wasnt clear from your original post that you were selling.

Comment

creegster -

The description along with the part number...wasn't clear..!?
                  What else is required ?

Rich -
                  Answered.

Mike

Comment

"Found two stude parts" does not communicate "Parts for sale".

Comment

Hello,
                      That CL listing is mine.
                      I have the grill, headlight rings, and NOS bumpers on CL and Facebook market.
                      PM me if you like. Tried to price fairly, but can negotiate a bit.
                      Ross.
                      sigpic
                      Ross.
                      Riverside, Ca.
                      1957 Provincial X2
                      1958 Transtar

Comment

'61 Lark Grille Mesh

I see it here Ross, but you have a bit of a mistake there, it is 1961 Lark Deluxe and Regal (with the Moulding) ONLY!

Noted in post #5 & 6.

OPPS!

I guess we can forgive you, since you don't own a '61 Lark.
                        It is quite common for people to not notice the MANY Mechanical and Styling changes on Larks from '60 to '61.
                        All I "used to" remember, is that ungainly body side Moulding above the Body Line.

Originally posted by Rosstude View Post
                        Hello,
                        That CL listing is mine.
                        I have the grill, headlight rings, and NOS bumpers on CL and Facebook market.
                        PM me if you like. Tried to price fairly, but can negotiate a bit.
                        Ross.
                        Last edited by StudeRich; 07-16-2018, 12:42 PM.
                        StudeRich
                        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                          I see it here Ross, but you have a bit of a mistake there, it is 1961 Lark Deluxe and Regal (with the Moulding) ONLY!

Noted in post #5 & 6.

OPPS!

I guess we can forgive you, since you don't own a '61 Lark.
                          It is quite common for people to not notice the MANY Mechanical and Styling changes on Larks from '60 to '61.
                          All I "used to" remember, is that ungainly body side Moulding above the Body Line.
                          For all those that comment on the somewhat raised - to the level of the front door handle - mounding as used on the 1961 Lark models....I hope you are equally offended by the ‘64 - ‘65 models, with the side moldings also raised to the front door handle level.

Comment

I can't agree with that one Jerry, they are Apples to Oranges different!
                            Totally aesthetically speaking, the '64's and '65's really have one of the most Beautiful side trims of all!

Especially the '64 Daytona's with the Center wide portion painted Satin Black. The Mouldings ARE on the Body Line, unlike the '61's albeit wider, so they do go up above the Body Line but are still On it.

I do own a '61 Lark Cruiser, but I would prefer the '62 Mouldings that do not have that "Kickup" at the Front Fenders.
                            It just would be a LOT of Holes to fill and re-drill.
                            StudeRich
                            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Remember, I am the lover of 1961 Larks, so I just had to throw that thought out for comparison. Also, the ‘64 - ‘65 Commanders had narrow moldings that were about the same as ‘61, and the height between the body crease and the mounding is more apparent.
                              If you are in to increadibly minute Studebaker trivia, the small flat stainless steel piece that fits between the door handle and the rear edge of the door, 1338816, is used on ‘61 models AND ‘64 - ‘65 Commander models.

Comment

Working...
                              X