X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting 1965 Daytona

Just saw this one listed:

1966 Daytona Sport Sedan - Richelieu Blue

VERY Nice Car, probably just bought from a long time SDC Member and ready to flip.
    Sure is a bummer that there is NO Paperwork on this great looking Car.

Just another terrible Craigslist Ad, with no light on the Interior Pics, it COULD look very good IF you could actually SEE it.
    Still ANOTHER short time owner that knows nothing about it, saying it has a Powerglide!

It does appear to be re-upholstered with White Piping added to the Pleated Black Vinyl, and all New Paint including on all clips, Bolts and Climitizer Filter plus terrible Battery Cables and Clamps.

It has '63 GT Hawk Door Emblems on the Front Fenders (Red, White, & Blue & no "8") and an SDC Wheel Emblem on the Grille.

I think there IS another earlier Post about this one SOMEWHERE!
    Last edited by StudeRich; 07-12-2018, 01:20 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Has the steering wheel been replaced? All white looks funny on the black steering column
      1966 Daytona Sport Sedan - Richelieu Blue

Comment

I believe that for a while all 1965 cars were getting white steering wheels at the factory.
        Originally posted by allen04084 View Post
        Has the steering wheel been replaced? All white looks funny on the black steering column
        "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Despite the irregularities I really like the look of this car.
          Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser
          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Originally posted by allen04084 View Post
            I suspect it was. Late 1965 models such as this one should have a color-keyed steering wheel.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
              VERY Nice Car, plus terrible Battery Cables and Clamps.
              I agree. I put those battery cable terminals in the same category as space-saving spare tires. Should only be used to get you home or the nearest repair shop.
              Jerry Forrester
              Forrester's Chrome
              Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

I had a similar one. Brown. Excellent shape. Bought it about 10 years ago and paid $3750. Tried to resell it for 2 years and finally got $3500 for it. Could get no interest in it. May have been bad timing when I went to sell.

Comment

Love the color scheme,just like mine (used to be)! Is that a Cruiser trunk lid overlay,or could that have been special ordered on Daytonas?I don't have my Body Parts Manual handy....

Comment

Originally posted by rusty65 View Post
                    Love the color scheme,just like mine (used to be)! Is that a Cruiser trunk lid overlay,or could that have been special ordered on Daytonas?I don't have my Body Parts Manual handy....
                    No, that's a '64 Cruiser-only rear trim panel, between the taillights. Even the '65 Cruiser didn't have that. It's been added to the car.

Still, I like the color combination of the car, a lot.
                    Bill Pressler
                    Kent, OH
                    (formerly Greenville, PA)
                    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                    All are in Australia now

Comment

Nice looking 1965 Daytona

Nice looking car -- great color scheme -- it has been for sale more than once over the last couple of years -- not sure why it has not found a permanent owner --

Yes a few things are not correct to original -- nothing that could not be corrected if desired -- but nice as is --

It caught my eye a year or two ago -- I think it was on a dealer lot at the time -- but it is an automatic and I much prefer manual shift so I did not pursue --
                      Bill Jackameit
                      1964 Challenger Wagonaire
                      1964 Daytona Sedan
                      Total of 10 Studebakers owned since 1961
                      Bill Jackameit's Studebaker Page online since October 1995
                      https://billstudepage.homestead.com/files/studpg.htm

sigpic

Comment

Picky,Picky bunch here. I don't know what you guys expect on a 50+ year old car, sheesh!
                        I don't read anywhere in the ad that it's a concours perfect car, or did I miss something????

Comment

Ad says, there is NO Title.

Comment

Originally posted by daytonadave View Post
                            Ad says, there is NO Title.
                            Connecticut does not require a title for vehicles over 20 years old.

http://www.ct.gov/dmv/cwp/view.asp?a=816&q=244698
                            Dick Steinkamp
                            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Originally posted by avanti-hawk View Post
                              Picky,Picky bunch here. I don't know what you guys expect on a 50+ year old car, sheesh!
                              I don't read anywhere in the ad that it's a concours perfect car, or did I miss something????
                              Information's not a bad thing; lack of information can be!

If I were buying a car, and I thought it was original, I would appreciate being educated about non-original stuff. The seller isn't mentioning it.

Some folks (not you) surely have thin skins.
                              Bill Pressler
                              Kent, OH
                              (formerly Greenville, PA)
                              Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                              Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                              1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                              1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                              All are in Australia now

Comment

Working...
                              X