Listed on the Studebaker Addicts Facebook Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listed on the Studebaker Addicts Facebook Page

Don't whine if you don't use Facebook, that's your choice.

Avanti R2Tucson, AZ
    $2,000
    For Sale: 1963 Avanti R2 (R4284) $2000.00
    In 1999 car underwent a complete rebuild in Minnesota, prior to being given to a son to drive to Arizona. Receipts indicate the rebuild included: new paint, complete engine rebuild (including balancing), carb rebuild, new brake shoes and all wheel cylinders rebuilt, window regulators rebuilt, stainless steel hog troughs installed, bumpers re-chromed, and R&R of suspension w/new king pin, A-frame, and sway bar bushings. Car was converted to an R1 at that time, but all R2 parts except the blower are in the trunk. Car was driven from Minnesota to Tucson, Arizona, then parked in 2001. It sat outside in the Arizona sun until I bought it in 2015, and looks like it – paint is peeling, packrats have chewed some of the wiring, and the engine is frozen.
    Car needs a complete restoration, but with a solid chassis and stainless hog troughs, it is a good, solid start.

sigpic
    Dave Lester

What a shame for the son to let it just set outside. Seems a lot of times the same thing happens after the father passes away, and the sons have no interest in his antique cars.

Comment

Originally posted by TWChamp View Post
      What a shame for the son to let it just set outside. Seems a lot of times the same thing happens after the father passes away, and the sons have no interest in his antique cars.
      A local doctor had nice cars that he maintained, kept in a heated garage and didn't put many miles on because his office was connected to his house (IIRC). He bought a new Imperial every three years. I got his 1967 Crown Coupe. He also had a 1962 Hawk that he bought new. When the doctor died, probably late 1970s, I, and probably others, tried to buy the Hawk. It wasn't a matter of price, the son, a NYS Trooper, decided that he wanted to use it as his everyday car. In two or three years of NYS use and little care, the Hawk was a worn out rusted out mess worth almost nothing.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I definately would be interested in buying this car if Studedude wants to sell it. Just what I need for the rebuilt R1 and four speed I have sitting and waiting for the proper Avanti to put it in. Its previous home was also a white 1963 Avanti. Would love to have it.

Stude Rookie

Comment

Originally posted by Stude Rookie View Post
          I definately would be interested in buying this car if Studedude wants to sell it. Just what I need for the rebuilt R1 and four speed I have sitting and waiting for the proper Avanti to put it in. Its previous home was also a white 1963 Avanti. Would love to have it.

Stude Rookie
          Sorry, Marion, I should have stated it's not mine, I was just passing the information along.
          sigpic
          Dave Lester

Comment

Help my 57 hawk signals come on with the flasher plugged up and turns the outside lights on but want flash new flasher

Comment

Working...
          X