Steal, I mean Deal of the Day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steal, I mean Deal of the Day.

Here is a 63 2 door for sale in Ohio. Its cheap and I'm killing myself for not buying it.
    The horrible fact of the matter is that I've got everything here to transplant a 289 4 speed into this car. How dumb am I? Wait... don't answer that... I already know.
    I don't expect it to last long once its posted here.
    sals54

It was posted on Craigslist two days ago, and I'm surprised it is still for sale. The paint job alone is worth the price.

Comment

Well WHAT is stopping you from pulling the trigger, it's still F/S? I really don't want to hear that 'Ol DISTANCE story AGAIN!

That really looks like a beauty for $3000.00, I just hope the beauty is not only skin deep.
      The Engine and Trans should bring back a few Hundred of the shipping cost.

It is running on a Boat fuel tank and is ONLY a Regal, but Dad always said, don't kick a gift horse in the mouth or som'thin like that.

Pay Jon or Mike Myer or Phil Harris or someone in Ohio, to pick it up and store it til you figure it out.
      Last edited by StudeRich; 07-02-2018, 10:03 PM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I already have the same car in black, but the red looks so much better.
        Plus my engine is stuck because I only ran it for 5 minutes one day in 1977, then didn't try to start it again for 6 months.
        That's when I learned you don't start an engine unless you intend to run it 30 minutes or more.

Comment

That is a clean looking car. The car shouldn't last long at that price. Upon looking at it closer, it may be negotiable. The car is located in the rust belt so it may have had some issues in the past or still does. cheers jimmijim
          Last edited by jimmijim8; 07-03-2018, 04:05 AM.
          sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Looks to have great potential for an enjoyable car. In my opinion, the car is in an excellent location of the country for its current power plant. Upper mid-west, relatively straight flat roads that pose no great stress for the engine or brakes with a driver who has a realistic grasp of the car's basic transportation purpose. It would also be a terrific "First Collector Car," for one of our members within the region looking to assist a younger relative or friend get into the hobby.

My "sales psychology" philosophy makes me cringe at the expression "won't last long"(who wants to buy a car that won't last long?)...Although I know exactly what everyone means by the phrase, it does nothing to assist in igniting a passion for the car. In fact, my reaction is to recoil at what appears as an attempt to push me into buying. I believe a little more effort in describing the uniqueness, club support, and adventure of owning the car would inspire potential buyers more likely to pull the "buy" trigger.
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

could be a rust bucket, hence: it won't last long..... or a great deal.....gotta get a close look...trunk repairs ??

Comment

The remote mounted "gas tank" (and I use that phrase loosely) can never be a good thing, but, I agree in general, what a good looking car! Probably still worth the price.

Comment

buyer beware, gas tank in trunk can only mean missing real tank, and the question then why? I once was asked to fix a very nice looking black 61 wagon, chevy powered person bought it at a steal but never knew anything about what to look for, it came with plywood floors, and "L" metal secured to the rear frame with small clamps, and axle under the rear springs to hold the car up. buyer beware.
                  Candbstudebakers
                  Castro Valley,
                  California

Comment

The boat tank would need to be explained, but I did the same thing while I had my original tank out to strip the poor tank liner someone put in it during the early 90's restoration. Never could figure out why the tank was lined, because it was spotless clean once I removed the poor quality liner, that had been falling off and blocking the fuel line.

Comment

Is this too good to be true?

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
                        Is this too good to be true?
                        Might be - especially if it has spent much time on the roads in that part of the world in the winter.

Another example - the White Sand '60 Regal four door wagon for sale back in late spring on Atlanta Craigslist looked like a really nice car. SDC member looked at it and said it was a $3000 car with a new paint job...

Comment

Guessing, wishing, hoping, opining; no substitute for looking at the bottom side.

I bought a black plate California Hawk which turned out to have spent its first few years in humid Missouri and was rusted and patched in the worst possible ways.

jack vines
                          PackardV8

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                            Well WHAT is stopping you from pulling the trigger, it's still F/S? I really don't want to hear that 'Ol DISTANCE story AGAIN!

That really looks like a beauty for $3000.00, I just hope the beauty is not only skin deep.
                            The Engine and Trans should bring back a few Hundred of the shipping cost.

It is running on a Boat fuel tank and is ONLY a Regal, but Dad always said, don't kick a gift horse in the mouth or som'thin like that.

Pay Jon or Mike Myer or Phil Harris or someone in Ohio, to pick it up and store it til you figure it out.

To be honest, I love these 63s. I think they're the best looking of all the Larks. But... 12 hour work days... garage is still not done.... 56 Wagon is languishing due to neglect... for some unknown and unknowable reason, I just bought a 72 Mercedes 350 SL... my 54 Coupe is still waiting for me to transplant the 289 4 speed into it... the 58 MGA is in need of a water pump... the 69 Grand Prix needs body work... and I'm taking the 4th of July off. And I mean OFF. Nothin goin on.
                            So I need this like I need another hole in my head. The 45cal just grazed me, but I fear the next one just may do me in.
                            sals54

Comment

Yep, you are HOOKED on Cars, Sal buddy!
                              At least you mix it up, all the ones I can't walk away from are Studebakers !
                              StudeRich
                              Second Generation Stude Driver,
                              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                              X