Avanti Door Glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti Door Glass

Hi Guys, I'm way out of my comfortable territory on this one so I've come here to ask.
    A good friend owns a 1989 Avanti. His driver's door window was broken a couple of days ago and he's not sure how to proceed. Can someone here tell me what platform was used for these cars so I might help him locate the glass he needs?
    Thanks, Greg

Nostalgic Avanti Wixom, MI should be one of the best sources for Post Studebaker, and some Studebaker Avanti Parts:

Nostalgic Motor Cars is on Facebook. Join Facebook to connect with Nostalgic Motor Cars and others you may know. Facebook gives people the power to share and makes the world more open and connected.

NOSTALGIC MOTOR CARS in Wixom, reviews by real people. Yelp is a fun and easy way to find, recommend and talk about what’s great and not so great in Wixom and beyond.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
      Nostalgic Avanti Wixom, MI should be one of the best sources for Post Studebaker, and some Studebaker Avanti Parts:

Nostalgic Motor Cars is on Facebook. Join Facebook to connect with Nostalgic Motor Cars and others you may know. Facebook gives people the power to share and makes the world more open and connected.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/nostalgic-motor-cars-wixom
      As Rich said, be sure to call Dan. It's the only way to reach him.

Comment

Greg,
        I have a new tinted drivers door glass in stock, ready to ship. email: jsinclair one zero six eight@comcast dot net
        JS
        I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

There you go; a "Good Guy" active SDC Member and Forum Member, "private party", is always GOOD!
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by GregL View Post
            Hi Guys, I'm way out of my comfortable territory on this one so I've come here to ask.
            A good friend owns a 1989 Avanti. His driver's door window was broken a couple of days ago and he's not sure how to proceed. Can someone here tell me what platform was used for these cars so I might help him locate the glass he needs?
            Thanks, Greg
            The platform/chassis has no bearing on the window that you seek, but to answer directly, Chevrolet Caprice for the chassis.
            See the post above (#4) for a window ready and waiting for you.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

​Thanks guys.
              So is this door glass standard issue on any production car or is it made specifically for the Avanti?
              Last edited by GregL; 07-01-2018, 12:35 PM.

Comment

​Thanks guys.
                So is this door glass standard issue on any production car or is it made specifically for the Avanti?
                Yes and no. It is "standard issue" on an Avanti that was a "production car" and it is specific to the Avanti.

- - - Updated - - -

​Thanks guys.
                Yes and no. It is "standard issue" on an Avanti that was a "production car" and it is specific to the Avanti.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

I see. Thanks Gary. Is this one year only or would this fit other years as well? If so, what years are the same. I'd like to pass along as much information as I can.

Comment

I see. Thanks Gary. Is this one year only or would this fit other years as well? If so, what years are the same. I'd like to pass along as much information as I can.
                    Not one year only. I believe 1963-1989 for coupes. The convertible MAY be different, then it would be 1987-1989.
                    Again, refer to post #4.
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

The convertible does not have the metal frame around the top and rear. But could be the same glass, just without the frame. Don't know.
                      KURTRUK
                      (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

The 89 coupes do not have the metal surround on the window glass

Comment

​It is a convertible.

Comment

That's important info. I think your one likely source would be in post #2.
                            KURTRUK
                            (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Same glass coupe or convertible. I don't claim to be an expert, but I did do a tour of duty at "The New Avanti Motor Co." in 87, and I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last weekend on a wasted trip to Hotlanta to check out a rust bucket 60 Lark Wagon with a coat of turd polish on it.
                              JS
                              Last edited by LarkTruck; 07-02-2018, 02:48 AM.
                              I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Working...
                              X