• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy me....Buy me

another treasure for a song...

64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

The listing now says "Sold". The last year for the "C" cab. Very nice.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Interesting, it appears to have not ONE but TWO, Custom dented rear Fenders for Dual side mounts spares, not at all like the Factory ones!

A VERY rare option would be; Windshield or FULL Tinted Glass, and it appears to maybe have "Some".

Looks like a '57 or '58 3E Transtar Deluxe, and MAY have a later Full Flow V8, since the Ad says it is "from a Car".

The "C" Cab Trucks were built all the way to 1964 in 1 Ton and larger Trucks, and 1956 to 1958 "Transtar's" and in '57? to 1959 as Scotsman models, also 1959 "Studebaker Deluxe's", NOT called Transtar.
      Last edited by StudeRich; 06-26-2018, 12:49 PM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Rich, I believe the ad says good engine and trans from a '60 car; that would mean NOT a full flow, right?
        Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
        '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
        '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
        '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

Right Howard, I thought it was '60's, and can you EVER depend on a probably Non-Stude. guy to get it right.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I love the name Pocatello. That in itself would have motivated me.
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

We travel through Pocotello, going between Nevada and Montana. It is largely made up of an indian reservation, hence the name. I'm guessing that there are a lot more old vehicles stashed away, out in the boonies.
              Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

I don't detect where the ad states that the "engine is from a 1960 car." Please re-read the ad. Oh, for the lack of a hyphen!
                -Dwight, Editor, Greater Virginia Chapter newsletter

Comment

Last year for the C cab pickup was 1959 (unless you classify the 65 Navy 4x4 trucks as 1960 models).

Comment

It could be a 59 that was not sold until 1960. Every state is a bit different of registering year on the title. Serial number would probably told the story but since it has been sold, I hope someone here got it and they would have got a whale of a bargain.

Bob Miles
                    Different by Design
                    Different by Delight

Comment

Originally posted by 6hk71400 View Post
                      It could be a 59 that was not sold until 1960. Every state is a bit different of registering year on the title. Serial number would probably told the story but since it has been sold, I hope someone here got it and they would have got a whale of a bargain.

Bob Miles
                      Different by Design
                      Different by Delight
                      So you are suggesting that state DMVs can create a new model year by allowing vehicles to be registered with the year they are sold? Studebaker discontinued C cab production in 1/2 and 3/4 ton trucks in 1959, they were not produced in 1960 so how can any exist?

I see this frequently with people claiming that their 2R truck is a 1948.

Comment

Originally posted by Guido View Post
                        Studebaker discontinued C cab production in 1/2 and 3/4 ton trucks in 1959, they were not produced in 1960 so how can any exist?
                        I will maintain those 65 U.S. Navy 4x4's were 1960 models as they were produced well into the year. http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...er-NAVY-Trucks And the instructions on the Production Order were to cut the seat material 'to 1960 style patterns'.

Craig

Comment

It has happened that a vehicle that was a left over in stock sold the next year, the dealer sent the paper work to the DMV with the date sold and the state registered the year purchased as the year of the vehicle. Granted, this probably happened in small town dealers that had leftover models. Most states have discontinued this practice since the MONRONEY came out in 1959 for cars, but trucks did not have a MONRONEY until the late 60's or 70's.

Bob Miles
                          Different by Design
                          Different by Delight

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                            I will maintain those 65 U.S. Navy 4x4's were 1960 models as they were produced well into the year. http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...er-NAVY-Trucks And the instructions on the Production Order were to cut the seat material 'to 1960 style patterns'.

Craig
                            See my prior post above regarding the 4x4's.

Comment

Transtar emblems (not used in 1959) and the apparent lack of in-grille parking lights indicate that it started out life as a 1957-58 3E7 or 3E12 with the 122" WB. To add to Guido's post #9 above, the C-cab Transtars continued to be built in 1960-64, but only as 1 ton and above (including 1-ton pickups).

Prior to the Feds getting involved in auto registration systems in 1962, many vehicles were registered by rural county agents that had a fair amount of flexibility in establishing model year. That said, I think it unlikely that a 57/58 truck would be registered as a 1960, even if it had somehow gone unsold for two years.
                              Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
                              X