Head Lamp Bulbs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head Lamp Bulbs.

Hi Friends, Almost done with my customer's 1929 Dictator 6. I'm installing the headlamps. Few questions
    There are 2 sockets per bowl or headlamp.
    One in the center and one on the bottom with each 2 contact in the bottom. Is the one in the center should have 2 filament for low and hi beam?
    the lower socket has two contact as well, but there are bulbs with 2 contacts and only one filament. I guess not using the socket for ground?.

Anyway all in all, anyone would have the bulb p/n for the headlamps? And where could I get some?

Alain.Click image for larger version

Name:	20180612_130343[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	1758097

Sorry that I have no information on bulbs. Just wanted to say how nice the car looks.
    Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

If I remember correctly, the center bulb should contain 2 filaments and the one in the bottom is the parking light. The parking light bulb does not use the base of the bulb as a ground which is why you'll need a bulb with 2 contacts. I don't remember the bulb numbers offhand, but they turn up on EBAY regularly. Bud

Comment

Can the reflector be turned half way around?
        I'd think the parking bulb would be on top, but I'm not familure with this car.

Comment

I have no experience with it as well. But the diagram plate in the factory chassis catalog does show the park lamp bulb at the top. Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	194.4 KB
ID:	1721145

And the bulbs themselves are listed as Mazda No. 81 for the parking lamp and Mazda No. 1110 for the driving lamp.
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
          X