1937 Dictator on the great race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1937 Dictator on the great race

Home Page News Story, Ontario News - canada, Halifax, southern ontario, Studebaker Coupe, The Great Race

I wish them the best of luck! It will be nice to have a Studebaker on the course. The great race is an event that allows people to get out and see the cars in action, versus sitting in a museum, collecting dust.
    Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

What a post. What a beautiful Studebaker. One of my all time favorites. Go girl...go!

Comment

Nice! Went to the stop in Sacramento a couple years ago when it was out West and took photos. There were a couple later Studes competing that year.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	13432195_10208322278988567_2503488654305057707_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	1721131Click image for larger version

Name:	13495342_10208322274108445_541866584614609981_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	1721132
        Dean Seavers
        Sacramento, CA

Comment

Did anyone take pictures of the start of the Great Race in Buffalo yesterday? Hopefully we will see coverage in each of the stopover locations. I believe there are five Studebakers competing.

Stu Chapman

Comment

As Stu says, there are 5 Studebakers in the 2018 Great Race. Two are owned by SDC members. In addition to Sheldon Reis and Ron VanderMarel with the 1937 Dictator (car 133), the other SDC member is John Corey with navigator Dale Kasson. John's car is a burgundy 1954 Land Cruiser with New York license plates S BENDER (car 39). We look forward to seeing them and all the Studes and other racers here in Moncton for their overnight stop, Friday June 29.

The Great Race has an excellent website, www.greatrace.com . Lots of photos and other information are posted daily.
            Bill Jarvis

Comment

What a beautiful car!

Comment

Originally posted by Stu Chapman View Post
                Did anyone take pictures of the start of the Great Race in Buffalo yesterday? Hopefully we will see coverage in each of the stopover locations. I believe there are five Studebakers competing.

Stu Chapman
                Stu, check the Hamilton Chapter's Facebook page for lots of pictures. https://www.facebook.com/17840504551...&theater&ifg=1
                Pictures are courtesy of Steve Mangione of the Iroquois Chapter

Stu,
                Check this link, it has each day listed with photos. https://www.greatrace.com/blog
                It has pix from each day.
                Last edited by SusieQ; 06-27-2018, 05:29 PM.

Susan Lusted, What's Happening Turning Wheels
                studenews@outlook.com

Comment

Not on Facebook Sue. Was hoping pics would be posted here from each stop.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Check here for pix. https://www.greatrace.com/blog

Susan Lusted, What's Happening Turning Wheels
                    studenews@outlook.com

Comment

Working...
                    X