Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Avanti Seat Belt Logo

Hello All,

This is a simple question. What is the correct logo for a 1964 Avanti Seatbelt? It is the Lazy S or the (Old Style) Studebaker Script? Mine has the Studebaker Script but I am not sure that is correct for my car.

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Tom

They came with the Gold Foil Shield with a Lark and a Hawk Bird & "Studebaker" name Sticker.

The originals were in a embossed shield shaped indentation into the Chrome Handle.

Same as Lark Type and Hawk.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

My Avanti came from Studebaker with the gold foil shield, no embossed indentation.
      Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
      They came with the Gold Foil Shield with a Lark and a Hawk Bird & "Studebaker" name Sticker.

The originals were in a embossed shield shaped indentation into the Chrome Handle.

Same as Lark Type and Hawk.

Comment

I think Rich meant that the sticker has embossing.
        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

No it's pretty clear on OEM Belt Buckles, the Chrome Handle is recessed in the shape of the "Shield" Sticker.

All others I have seen have smooth handles, most also have pealing Stickers and as far as I know, are Reproductions.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Rich is correct. 1960s chrome seat belt buckles had an indentation where the sticker is centered. Reproduction buckles are flat and not exactly like the originals.

Comment

Working...
            X