Looking for a Brake pedal part for friend, 53-54 CK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a Brake pedal part for friend, 53-54 CK

I am trying to help out a friend that has a 54 Coupe. He needs the large pedal shaft bolt 1108-3, bushing, 1108-2 and spring 1108-5. If you have something like this please let me know.
    Jim

51 Studebaker Starlight State Commander Coupe
    53 Studebaker Starlight Regal Commander Coupe
    62 Volvo PV544 Sport

Studebakers West should have these, as well as Studebaker International.
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

You should be able to get the bolt and nut at any hardware store. I removed my clutch (went to auto trans) and replaced the pin with a standard bolt, no sweat. I think it was 5/8" but measure to be sure.

Comment

Jim,

The numbers you listed above (1108-2,etc.) are illustration numbers the actual parts numbers are 517152 for the bushing, 535189 for the spring and 2-0688 for the bolt. The bolt is listed as 3/8" - 24 (threads per inch) x 4-7/8" and as others have noted can probably be found at the hardware store or on-line.
        Dan Peterson
        Montpelier, VT
        1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
        1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

Hardware bolt should do. If you are OCD enough to need the exact bolt you should be able to find one at SI, Studepakerpartsonline, or Studebaker west. I guessed the brakes on these cars were so God-awful that they made the double pedal so that you could push with both feet!

Comment

Working...
          X