Memorial Day Show in Boalsburg, PA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorial Day Show in Boalsburg, PA

Again I attended the annual AACA Memorial Day Show in Boalsburg, PA. "Birthplace of Memorial Day."
    My all-original unrestored Rockne was parked next to an all-original unrestored 1912 EMF Touring, manufactured by The Studebaker Corporation; last year for the EMF.
    Only this year...I forgot my camera ; and my phone is not smart enough to take pictures.
    Of the couple hundred vehicles there, only one other was a '63 GranTourismo.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

I recall going to a show at the Military Museum in Boalsburg in June of 1982. A Keystone Region event, I think. I had my '60 Lark Convertible there and I got a Third Place award. Which wasn't saying much because only 4 convertibles were there and the 4th one looked pretty bad. Mine was a western car that was largely rust free but only driver quality. But I was still pleasantly surprised because I didn't even take the car there to be judged.
    I always enjoy trips out PA Route 45 in that area. Beautiful scenery and a great drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue 15G View Post
      I recall going to a show at the Military Museum in Boalsburg in June of 1982.
      That may have been the Atlantic Zone Meet that year. Stan Smith of nearby Oak Hall debuted the freshly restored Hunt Special, the car that won the 1931 Pikes Peak Hill Climb and competed in the '31, '32 and '33 Indy 500. I did have my camera that day.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	37 1931 Stude.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	1720860 Click image for larger version

Name:	AZM Boalsburg 002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	1720861 Click image for larger version

Name:	AZM Boalsburg 003.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	1720862

It is now owned by Bob Valpey.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I always enjoyed the Boalsburg show (with the possible exception of the damned cannons firing all day long). There was always a good variety of unusual vehicles there. Unfortunately, it's now a 300 mile trip for me, so I missed it this year.
        Jim Bradley
        Lake Monticello, VA
        '78 Avanti II
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X