1956 Complete Transtar V8 Running Gear $300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1956 Complete Transtar V8 Running Gear $300

This looks like a good buy for someone that can use it.

isn't someone here looking for a tank?
    I wonder if that motor is stuck.
    Oh well, too far a run for me.

Comment

Same here. If it were closer, I would snap it up.( Because I need more projects).LOL
      Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

holes in tank.......but the stuff is there to swap out of a Champ powered truck to V8 (mounts, bell, etc...)

Comment

Gee!...only aprox1200 miles...I'll be right over!
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
            Gee!...only aprox1200 miles...I'll be right over!
            It's all about the journey.
            Two years ago I drove 1800 miles round trip to buy a Honda lawn tractor.
            It was priced so low that even with the gas bill, it was a bargain.

Comment

How far is that from Omaha or Sioux City?
              1963 Champ "Stu Bludebaker"- sometimes driver
              1957 Silver Hawk "Josie"- picking up the pieces after an unreliable body man let it rot for 11 years from an almost driver to a basket case
              1951 Land Cruiser "Bunnie Ketcher" only 47M miles!
              1951 Commander Starlight "Dale"- basket case
              1947 Champion "Sally"- basket case
              1941 Commander Land Cruiser "Ursula"- basket case

Comment

You folks need to pull up your big-boy pants and get things when you see them if you can... I brought 2 cars and 4 motorbikes over 5000 miles and then bought another one from 2500 miles away. Shipping isn't much of a deterrent (or even very expensive) if you "need" something and it is worth the price, ha ! I would think that several of the parts in this deal are worth the 300 individually.. Besides, adventure is good !

Comment

I agree 100%. I love adventure. But the wife- not so much. Especially when it involves " junk", as she would describe it. I have several parts cars, and they really are invaluable, when you need that special bolt, or any other part that comes up missing.
                  Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

It's a T90 without overdrive. Why Studebaker would ever build that, or why anyone would ever buy it is a mystery.

The engine is probably a 224" V8. For true, an upgrade from a flathead six, but only slightly. The good news is all the hard-to-find bellhousing, motor mounts, water pump and radiator can be used with a 259"/289".

jack vines
                    PackardV8

Comment

Or... it could be used as-is as the base for a pretty cool rat rod. Zd frame out back, Zd frame out front and a slammed cab in between. Zoomie headers, or lakester headers and you'd be good to go.
                      Last edited by sals54; 05-15-2018, 05:03 PM.
                      sals54

Comment

Looks like it's gone now

Comment

Working...
                        X