ATTN all Stude-fans!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATTN all Stude-fans!

Alright. I managed to find quite a few examples from the Sun Belt, courtesy of the medium of all my automotive addiction known as Craigslist. Here we go!

This first car, 1950 Champion coupe, is R-O-U-G-H but still has plenty of potential to make some use out of it. So long as it's not eroding into the ground anymore, I'm fine!

Next up is a rare as hen's teeth 1946 Champion Coupe! With only a minute amount made compared to later years, given these car's carryover status, this is certainly worth purchasing. The $11,000 may turn some folks off, but when do you plan to find another one without the aid of a time machine?

We have a 1954 Champion sedan that looks to be so clean, you could eat not only a steak dinner, but also serve an entire buffet down the length of it! Whether or not it's worth the asking price is another matter.

Now the sun sets on both Studebaker and this little post with this 1966 Cruiser. This Canadian mix is one of those "love it or hate it" types, but should still represent a decent enough addition for the new or veteran Stude enthusiast.

Happy Viewing!
    Last edited by Stude Shoo-wop!; 05-15-2018, 03:01 PM.
    Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

The '66 has still ANOTHER owner, who thinks ALL GM small blocks in the world have GM Transmissions.

"Powerglide"... that's a serious LAUGH!

About the beautiful '54 Sedan, why is it, all the barely used cream puffs are always Champion Sixes?
    Last edited by StudeRich; 05-14-2018, 10:02 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

My favorite was the fifty-four, even with the small engine. It looks to be well cared for, and claims to have 22,000 miles. My next Stude will be something like this, that needs little done to it. My sixty Hawk was a basket case.
      Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

I do not know where they get "less than 2000 coupes" for 1946. I believe that there were 2465 three passenger plus 1285 five passenger coupes for 1946. 3750 is not THAT low of a number for Studebaker model production.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

With a Minnesota plate on that 1966, I would want eyeballs on it before considering it.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

My better half Mary sold the 1946 coupe a year ago Oct. It's a good honest car with a known lifelong history in the PNW, all original and very little rust. Too bad nobody hopped on this one when she tried to sell for over a year. She finally resorted to eBay. Anyone could have had it for less then half today's asking price. No doubt much more rare in the eastern part of the country, we have at least six in Washington and Oregon. IMO this car deserves to be preserved, like the survivor it's been for the last seventy two years.

Gary I asked Mary where she got her production numbers, and she said that she googled it from somewhere, but did say that she used the figure of 2083 business coupes. She did say that she was only talking about business coupes. A quick check of Maloney's "Studebaker Cars," gives a little different number for the business coupes of 2140. The book also shows a production number of 1236 for the five passenger coupes. The 46's were only produced for 2-3 months from Dec.-Mar. I guess that rarity is a matter of opinion.

Comment

"a good honest car"

Maybe it's just me, but saying "it's a good honest car" is analogous to saying a girl has a "good personality" because that's about all you can say.

Comment

Just using present day vernacular, I thought that most informed people would understand. There's always more to say, but is anyone listening?

Comment

Bill,
                  I am listening, I do consider myself informed, and I'm painfully aware of present day vernacular. It's just when I hear the phrase "a good honest car" it reminds me of either my mother or one of my sisters saying I should go "out" with so & so girl. (which was long ago & far away)
                  "Why?"
                  "Well, she has a good personality."
                  Conversation stopped right there as far as I was concerned.
                  I mean no disrespect and as I originally said, "Maybe it's just me." If that's the case, then it's my quirk & I'll live with it. I enjoy reading your posts & I hope I get the opportunity to meet you in person in Tacoma. First drink is on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Hallabutt View Post
                    My better half Mary sold the 1946 coupe a year ago Oct. It's a good honest car with a known lifelong history in the PNW, all original and very little rust. Too bad nobody hopped on this one when she tried to sell for over a year. She finally resorted to eBay. Anyone could have had it for less then half today's asking price. No doubt much more rare in the eastern part of the country, we have at least six in Washington and Oregon. IMO this car deserves to be preserved, like the survivor it's been for the last seventy two years.

Gary I asked Mary where she got her production numbers, and she said that she googled it from somewhere, but did say that she used the figure of 2083 business coupes. She did say that she was only talking about business coupes. A quick check of Maloney's "Studebaker Cars," gives a little different number for the business coupes of 2140. The book also shows a production number of 1236 for the five passenger coupes. The 46's were only produced for 2-3 months from Dec.-Mar. I guess that rarity is a matter of opinion.
                    The 1236 and 2140 are the numbers for domestic production to be sold in the USA. 1285 and 2465 are the total production numbers.
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Thank's Gary, the thought of those 75 cars that had gone missing, 72 years ago was keeping me awake nights.-Bill

Comment

The Cruiser names are missing from the fenders on that '66 & no holes visible....
                        Mike Sal

Comment

Working...
                        X