57 Clipper windshield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 57 Clipper windshield

Have a 57 Clipper project. It was forced to sit out elsewhere do to the terrible weather last winter and some fool decided it would be cool to break some rare glass. Of course, the windshield is the problem. Anyone have a decent one or have a lead on where one could be located?

308010 Clear and 308011 Tinted, fit ALL Late 1955 to 1958 Studebaker AND '57-'58 Packard Sedans and Wagons.

This took TWO Min. on my CD Disc. '55-'58 Body Parts Catalog, easy, peasy with the RIGHT tools!

It is always GOOD to know what your Options are.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Yep.. Readily available from your Studebaker parts dealer.

Comment

I have one.....out in Washington State!

Comment

My '57 Clipper windshield I believe came from Vintage Glass in California.

Comment

Studerich; I am SOOO glad you have the right tools. That does not help in any way.

Comment

Windshield

How much does a windshield cost?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffry Cassel View Post
                Studerich; I am SOOO glad you have the right tools. That does not help in any way.
                I SEE, so you don't want to know or care that you are NOT JUST looking for a '57 Packard Windshield.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Years ago cars had flat glass and replacement was not much of an issue. HOWEVER..., as the early curved glass cars are getting in the 60 year old range replacement glass becomes a difficult to find and an expensive ordeal. Sometimes you find something local but if not people can be looking in the $800+ range for a windshield, shipping and installation. I've started to stockpile windshields for the cars I own because a $25 windshield from a Pick Your Part sale day sure beats $800+ some day in the future.
                  '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

Jeffry:

PM sent.

Comment

I have a clear windshield from a 1957 President you can have for free. Trouble is, I’m in NJ and you’re in MN.
                      sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                      Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                      "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

I have a glass installation guy coming on Friday to install the front, rear and rear side glasses in my '57 Packard Clipper Wagon. Has any one any suggestions to make things go smoothly as I'm sure he has never even seen one of these before?
                        Thanks in advance for any assistance.
                        Cheers, Bill

Comment

French Lake auto dismantlers has a bunch of those cars. They are located outside of Annandale, Minnesota.
                          RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                          4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                          5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffry Cassel View Post
                            Actually it does help. Now you know what years the windshield fits.
                            RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                            4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                            5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Working...
                            X