A Remarkable Coincidence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Remarkable Coincidence

Yesterday, I had taken my voluptuous GT Hawk down to my local Cars and Coffee where it made quite a splash. I had painted a FOR SALE sign priced at $32,500 just for s***ts and giggles, but no one bit. That being said, I still did get a ton of compliments. One such complement was from a fellow who had brought his 1978 Fiat 124 Spider in forest green. As I was away, my father told me that this fellow had walked right up to Daisy-Mae as if in a state of hypnosis and told him how beautiful of a car she was and about how he should join the SDC. My father replied that he was already a member. So the fellow and my dad struck up a conversation and the fellow said "you know, I had gotten an email from a 17 year old boy who had somethin' just like this." My father perked right up and said in a sly and gleeful voice "I'm that 17 year old's dad, and here he comes now." As I came around the corner, I could see how floored he was. It looked like he could barely stand up! I talked with him and found out that he was none other than Angelo "Butch" Figurella, head of the Sunshine Studebaker Club. We checked out each other's cars, he gave me a business card, and went on our way. Isn't that something?!
    Last edited by Stude Shoo-wop!; 05-08-2018, 12:40 PM.
    Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

COOL !

Do you think the "Sunshine Studebaker Club" may be the Sunshine Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club?
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Jake, Butch is one of the good guys. Saw him last month at the Zone Meet. Glad you got to meet him!

Comment

sunshine club

Good to see that you have finally caught up with Butch. Welcome to the club!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          COOL !

Do you think the "Sunshine Studebaker Club" may be the Sunshine Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club?
          Yes, that is what I meant! I suppose it is just a part of who you are to correct mistakes, being an engineer and all...
          Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

No I think it is a matter of WHERE you are, West of the Rockies we have never Heard of "Sunshine Club!

"Sunshine"? WHAT is that? I live in the Pacific Northwest!

Last edited by StudeRich; 05-08-2018, 01:54 PM.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
            X