PDA

View Full Version : My South Bend pictures.

52-fan
05-06-2018, 03:39 PM
I decided not to put this on the other thread about pictures. Facebook already has a bunch so mine won't be missed. This is just some random shots at various times. Unfortunately, we had to leave about 10 AM Saturday so we missed a lot of the car show. There were many cars on the grounds and as we left we saw several coming in.

52-fan
05-06-2018, 03:43 PM
Some more from the chili feed at Studebaker International.

52-fan
05-06-2018, 03:50 PM
A few more random pictures and the car corral.

Milaca
05-06-2018, 05:07 PM
Thanks for sharing! I believe that the last two photos show the cars that the Studebaker museum are currently auctioning on Ebay.

jclary
05-06-2018, 05:27 PM
Great! Thanks for posting. Some of the same vehicles as others have posted, but different angles is a plus. Also, seeing folks in shirt sleeves lets me know that the weather was much better than some past spring South Bend gatherings. Wish I could've been there. :)

52-fan
05-06-2018, 08:27 PM
The weather was great. We were concerned that it would rain most of the time and/or be too cool. Turns out that our rain gear and coats were not needed. :)

Noxnabaker
05-07-2018, 02:58 AM
I like the blue sedan, not many bother taking pictures of the 53-55 sedans, nice & thanx!
:)

52-fan
05-07-2018, 07:13 AM
I like the blue sedan, not many bother taking pictures of the 53-55 sedans, nice & thanx!
:)

I believe I saw the car again on Saturday morning, but didn't get any more pictures due to lack of time to see things before we left. That picture was taken with my telephoto lens cranked way up. The car was parked by itself a long way behind the Studebaker International building. I didn't want to walk that far from the rest of the activities. I'm not even sure exactly what color it was.

Michidan
05-07-2018, 08:36 AM
Great pictures Howard. Was really good to finally meet you.

52-fan
05-07-2018, 12:31 PM
Great pictures Howard. Was really good to finally meet you.

It's amazing how close we came to missing each other. We were about to head for Joe's truck when you drove in. It wasn't until I got home that I realized I should have had Joe take a picture of us with your car. :o

voxnut
05-07-2018, 02:51 PM
Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Noxnabaker
05-07-2018, 03:12 PM
After looking at the blue(!) -53 sedan a few times I found he whole picture so good all together that I had to use it on my computer.
That's how easy I am to please it seems... :)

StudeRich
05-07-2018, 04:13 PM
This Champ Stakebed appears to be the Truck Built by Jack Admunsen with Bill Oliver''s Help in Port Hueneme, Oxnard Area of Ventura County California, way back in the late 1980's or early 1990's.

It was built from MANY different years of Champ Parts Bill O provided and the Pickup Box removed.
If I remember correctly, the Serial Number is actually a 6E 1961 Year Model, not as it "Looks" now with different Mouldings etc., and the engine is from a Car.

Jack Donated it to the SN Museum and it was Sold after being displayed for a while.

Sometimes History is a Good thing, but not always what you want to hear. ;)

52-fan
05-07-2018, 04:45 PM
This Champ Stakebed appears to be the Truck Built by Jack Admunsen with Bill Oliver''s Help in Port Hueneme, Oxnard Area of Ventura County California, way back in the late 1980's or early 1990's.

It was built from MANY different years of Champ Parts Bill O provided and the Pickup Box removed.
If I remember correctly, the Serial Number is actually a 6E 1961 Year Model, not as it "Looks" now with different Mouldings etc., and the engine is from a Car.

Jack Donated it to the SN Museum and it was Sold after being displayed for a while.

Sometimes History is a Good thing, but not always what you want to hear. ;)

I only got one other picture of it and that was only the wheel area. It's a sharp looking truck.
Sometimes I think a vehicle getting sold to an appreciative owner is the best thing that can happen to a museum piece. A car that stays in a museum for a long time is not like it was when brought in.