If Studebaker was still in Business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Studebaker was still in Business

If Studebaker was still making cars, I'd sure hope they could do better than what Ford has to offer. I saw this newer Ford flanked by a couple Larks, and the Larks are just a foot or so longer, have much more room, and are sure better looking. Fuel economy is one of the main factors in my choice of vehicle, but to own something of this design, it better get 100 MPG. Larks sure look better than any newer car offerings I can think of.

Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	1757791

After reading about Ford only making Mustangs and trucks... Ford is starting to remind me of Studebaker.
    GTH out of the car manufacturing business. Just need to figure out a way to get out.
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
      After reading about Ford only making Mustangs and trucks... Ford is starting to remind me of Studebaker.
      GTH out of the car manufacturing business. Just need to figure out a way to get out.
      I suspect Ford's new policy does not apply to the rest of the world. Passenger cars are still have higher popularity in Europe than they do here; especially so in Great Britain with their much narrower streets. Currently, Ford offers versions of the Focus not seen in North America, including station wagon versions.

Craig

Comment

Watch Ford regroup in the next couple years with several vehicles that make sense. I only say this because Ford was the only major car manufacturer that DID NOT take government money to bail out several years ago, and instead used common sense to get back into the black. I think you will see this again and Ford will be stronger for it. Besides, there are way too many basic sedans that can't be told apart with out a play sheet.Setting them side by side they look like those Russian nesting eggs that all fit inside of the next one. I guess buying a car is like buying shoes. They come in full and half sizes and different widths.
        Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
        sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
        1950 Champion Convertible
        1950 Champion 4Dr
        1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
        1957 Thunderbird

Comment

That ford in the pic looks like a Fiesta ST model .. I have Fiesta's bigger brother the Focus ST and its a pleasure to drive and is quite the rocket ..
          I'm very happy with it and for all the performance it has it is decent on fuel when driven conservatively ..
          Love my Lark

Comment

I agree. It's appalling how different makers' cars look almost exactly alike today. They tell us they're better engineered. They tell us they're safer. They tell us they're more efficient and powerful. They may be right in all these claims...but they have no soul.

Comment

Originally posted by StoneDog View Post
              I agree. It's appalling how different makers' cars look almost exactly alike today. They tell us they're better engineered. They tell us they're safer. They tell us they're more efficient and powerful. They may be right in all these claims...but they have no soul.
              I think that so many cars across the board look so similar is due to the search for the best gas mileage they can find. All use wind tunnels and other technology search for the same result and that ends up being that all cars, trucks and vans look the same.
              Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

I'm (also?) quite bullheaded & get seriously bored with modern cars, & that's the reason my Studebaker is gonna be my daily driver, I'm now on to the last bits of the (selfmade) heater & finding the gaskets for where the headers meets the rest of the exhaust system...

& as for wind tunnel tests, no need, just get a Jaguar E-type.

Comment

Originally posted by Noxnabaker View Post
                  as for wind tunnel tests, no need, just get a Jaguar E-type.
                  Or better yet; an AVANTI!

Craig

Comment

Working...
                  X