1950 Champion Featured In Major Newspaper Article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1950 Champion Featured In Major Newspaper Article

Not very often you see a Studebaker featured in a major newspaper. The Toronto Star is a national newspaper here in Canada, much like the New York Times etc...

Well then, that was certainly a heartwarming story. From generation to generation, the torch of memory shall be passed until there is nary a whit of it left but a sickly, dying ember upon a splinter of hickory. It is special, then, that Studebaker shall be included in this particular torch.

As a non-sequitur, I would think that Champions would have been extremely popular in Canada for it's low operating costs and sheer ruggedness. Can someone further shed some light on this?
    Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

Originally posted by Stude Shoo-wop! View Post
      Well then, that was certainly a heartwarming story. From generation to generation, the torch of memory shall be passed until there is nary a whit of it left but a sickly, dying ember upon a splinter of hickory. It is special, then, that Studebaker shall be included in this particular torch.

As a non-sequitur, I would think that Champions would have been extremely popular in Canada for it's low operating costs and sheer ruggedness. Can someone further shed some light on this?
      How poetic!

Comment

Originally posted by Stude Shoo-wop! View Post

I'm just a poor ole dumb southern boy, raised and educated in the government schools in the great state of Aladambama. Could someone please explain to me what Jake just said? I don't understand 90% of what he says. <G>
        Jerry Forrester
        Forrester's Chrome
        Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Nice story about a beautiful Stude. There's something incredible about a yellow Stude.
          I remember that Studebaker very often used yellow cars in some of their ads. The car really stands out.
          I wish you the best of luck with your beautiful Stude.
          Rog
          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
          Smithtown,NY
          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
            I'm just a poor ole dumb southern boy, raised and educated in the government schools in the great state of Aladambama. Could someone please explain to me what Jake just said? I don't understand 90% of what he says. <G>
            Yeah...from a Carolina Hillbilly...He said he "Liked" the story.
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Working...
            X