south bend weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• south bend weather

What is the weather forecast for South Bend this week?
    Jerry Kurtz

not too good jimmijim
    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Low to mid 40s in the morning and 60-65 for a high. We are still getting frost at night up here.

Comment

I can't believe it's already that time this year! I really want to come, but with my 97 Y/O mom, (in a nearby nursing home) & my wife having health issues, along with my doctor changing my diabetes meds...I'm really conflicted about being able to make the drive.

For the last few years, life here has really been "day to day," with very little ability to plan ahead. I have made no reservations, and it looks like if I can come, I will have to wait until Thursday to decide. So, if any of you see me there, please understand if I seem to be a bit more bedraggled and foggy than normal. About the only thing (I can think of right now) I might need is a heavy duty radiator for a V8 C-cab truck. Otherwise, for me, the fellowship, renewing old friendships, and making new friends, is worth the trip.
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by Jthomp1986 View Post
          Low to mid 40s in the morning and 60-65 for a high. We are still getting frost at night up here.
          Sounds perfect! My kind of weather
          Charles

1961 Lark Regal VIII 259/auto -- Lucy

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
            I can't believe it's already that time this year! I really want to come, but with my 97 Y/O mom, (in a nearby nursing home) & my wife having health issues, along with my doctor changing my diabetes meds...I'm really conflicted about being able to make the drive.

For the last few years, life here has really been "day to day," with very little ability to plan ahead. I have made no reservations, and it looks like if I can come, I will have to wait until Thursday to decide. So, if any of you see me there, please understand if I seem to be a bit more bedraggled and foggy than normal. About the only thing (I can think of right now) I might need is a heavy duty radiator for a V8 C-cab truck. Otherwise, for me, the fellowship, renewing old friendships, and making new friends, is worth the trip.
            'Hope you can make the trip, John; it's always good to get caught up, however briefly. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Directly from NOAA, the forecast for ZIP 46601 (South Bend) for the rest of the week as of Monday evening, April 30:

Wednesday
              A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 78. Southwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.

Wednesday Night
              A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 2am. Cloudy, with a low around 63. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Thursday
              Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Cloudy, with a high near 76. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Thursday Night
              Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Cloudy, with a low around 58. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Friday
              A 40 percent chance of showers before 2pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 70.

Friday Night
              Partly cloudy, with a low around 48.

Saturday
              Sunny, with a high near 67.
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I'm getting to go a little early this year arriving Thursday mid-day. What activities will be going on during the afternoon/evening on Thursday?
                Mike Sal

Comment

Having grown up in that neck of the woods, I hesitate to plan anything for early May that is happening in northern Indiana.
                  Just a suggestion for those that plan this event, but what if you worked with the latter part of May, when the weather is usually much nicer, and people could plan the swap meet AND the INDY 500 into one trip.
                  Just a suggestion, but I won't travel 1800 miles to get wet and cold and I think others may feel the same way.
                  sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
                  1950 Champion Convertible
                  1950 Champion 4Dr
                  1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
                  1957 Thunderbird

Comment

When is south Bend? I am thinking of attending this year for the first time

Comment

Originally posted by evilhawk View Post
                      When is South Bend? I am thinking of attending this year for the first time
                      Technically Friday, May 4 and Saturday, May 5, although many people will be hanging around the fairgrounds Thursday, setting up and such. BP

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                        Technically Friday, May 4 and Saturday, May 5, although many people will be hanging around the fairgrounds Thursday, setting up and such. BP
                        Last year, I came up on Wednesday, stayed at a motel down in Plymouth. I came on up to the fairgrounds early Thursday and "earned my keep" (so to speak) by assisting vendors unload their vehicles and set up their tables. This year, if I get to come at all, I will travel Thursday, and probably not get to the fairgrounds 'till Friday. If I don't get to come, I hope everyone has a fun time, profitable swap meet, and safe travel.
                        John Clary
                        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I like the early may, cool south bend weather. Everyone is different.
                          54 Champion coupe
                          48 Champion Convert

Comment

Well I guess I'll have to sit this one out. My brother's bday is may 5th. He's not much of a car guy otherwise I'd drag him down there with me.

Comment

Does anything happen on Sunday?

I had been planning on coming on Saturday but I just got wind of a friend is coming in from out of town on Saturday. So that won't work for me. What happens on Friday?

Comment

Working...
                              X